My turn for the Check EV message

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still having the same issue. i have checked all wiring from the sensor all the way to the inverter board and everything seems to be fine. No coolant found at any part of the motor/inverter. I'm wondering if the HV reset(like Doug said on post #27) could be the fix but since i have took apart all the motor i can not install the HV fuse. @asavage Could you please try to disconnect the 12v battery then disconect the HV fuse also disconect the low voltage connector from the inverter side, wait for a night and put it back together, and test if the issue still going.
View attachment 954View attachment 955

Last edited:
The BMS resides inside the HV battery pack's case and it externally powered by the 12v system. Disconnecting the 12v battery is the only "reset" of the BMS available outside of TPD functions.

The Service Disconnect on top of the HV battery (accessible via the floor, under the right seat) splits the battery modules' circuit in half, and that's all it does (well, it interrupts the HVIL loop, too). Removing it doesn't have any effect to reset anything. It's in series with the contactors, which are open 95% of the life of the battery.

For those reasons, I'm not going to try what you ask, as disconnecting the 12v battery + removing the HV battery Service Disconnect cannot affect the LDU's inverter communications in the way you imagine.

Last edited:
You are right the HV disconnect is unnecessary. Did you try to disconnect the 12v for a long period of time? I haven’t and I could not try that now because I have the motor remove.. What I have tried is to disconnect and connect the low voltage connector from the side of the inverter and didn’t work.

I'll be reinstalling the HV battery pack into my blue RAV4 EV next week. It needed to have the contactors replaced, the battery dehumidifier air pump replaced, and I took the opportunity to run some 50mm² shielded HV cabling from the area in front of the HV battery, to the rear bumper area (temporary storage). After that battery is reinstalled, that will free up the table lift that I will use to remove the white RAV4 EV's LDU (the subject of this thread), and I will likely duplicate your efforts.

Back