FS: 2014 RAV4EV, White, Temecula/Murrieta CA area

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xyzzy

For sale is our 2014 RAV4EV. We have owned this from new, and up until a few years ago this was serviced regularly at Toyota Carlsbad. Just under 2 years ago the engine and seals were done by QCcharge. They did not find any fluid in the inverter. Then about a year ago the seals were redone under warranty. I checked recently and the speed sensor is dry. The car currently has a CheckEV issue which is discussed in this thread. Just over 123k miles. It has been garaged so has minimal sun/weather issues. The 12V battery was replaced just a few weeks ago. Tires are Michelin and have not had much use since replacement. Outside has some minor marking on the rear bumper, just some small areas where the paint was taken off by a careless driver. Inside has some minor stains on the seats (thanks to the kids being kids). Still drives well when the fault is not present. I was looking to repair the fault, but my wife (main driver) has lost confidence in it, so its up for sale.

It looks a bit dusty in the pictures as it has sat unused for a few months as I did not have time to work on it. It is registered, but I pulled the plates off rather than trying to photoshop them out.
rav4-back.jpgrav4-front.JPGrav4-left.jpgrav4-right.jpg

Im sure you wouldn’t want to part it out but if you did I’m very local and in need of an HV battery. How many miles of range does it still show on a full charge? Might be interested in the car as a whole, just not sure what you’re looking to get out of it.

@xyzzy's car might only need* a replacement OBC from a Model S via eBay (~$300?) and a PCB swap from the old one to the MS one. I wouldn't advise parting it out for what I am guessing is less than $500 parts and 12 hours labor (what it took me to replace my fuses over a weekend). I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

I'll make xyzzy a lowball, ridiculous offer of $3k -- only because of the dry speed sensor -- and I'd have it shipped to me for under $1500. I have two friends whose EV budget disallows say a decent cheap Leaf, and they can both live with both the limited range of the RAV4 EV and the vagaries of maintaining an orphan/hobby EV.

These things are getting cheaper every month for a reason: more and more of them are becoming un-economical to repair unless you DIY. I'm retired and have time to deal, but most people have lives that don't allow them to have their transportation be a hobby too.

@KnewRav4 , I'm interested in your battery case (not the modules) and esp. in the dehumidifier stuff, as mine has gone silent and I'll have to drop the HV pack soon and repair/replace it. I can have that JY one shipped to me for ~$1600 and I want to pay well less than 1/3 of that.

---

* = I have @xyzzy's vehicle confused with Chuck's (his blue 2012 has had the OBC fuse(s) replaced twice), that paragraph doesn't really accurately reflect @xyzzy's vehicle's issue(s).

[later]
I have purchased this vehicle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back