Errors After Inverter control board replacement and problems with re-flash.

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think not: coasting downhill and applying brakes is not abnormal.
Yes, coasting downhill and applying brakes is not abnormal. This is mode for energy recuperation.
Brake pedal Sensor and Stop Light switch

Attachments

• IMG_20240528_071206_474.jpg
    IMG_20240528_071206_474.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240528_070545_364.jpg
    IMG_20240528_070545_364.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow!
The speed sensor was fine???

It seems to me that it would be very useful and interesting to see oscillograms of signals/voltages on all four contacts of the rotor speed sensor...
Yes the speed sensor it self was fine. What I had to do was repair the connector on the control board again this time with 1.75+ reading glasses and it helped me see good enough to find the 2 bad pins.

I just figured it seems faster than before both in sport and not in sport mode. But in sport mode at 40km/h it spins the tires on dry pavement :) Right now it has the Tesla P85+ (sport) inverter inside running the motor with the OEM control board.

I assume that the hardware, electronics, stator/rotor and inverter cooling system of RAV4EV can do more, but Tesla has programmatically limited the possibility...

I assume that the hardware, electronics, stator/rotor and inverter cooling system of RAV4EV can do more, but Tesla has programmatically limited the possibility...
Yes. I was just not sure if maybe because the Sport Tesla unit might have different current sensors maybe it allows more power....

Yes the speed sensor it self was fine. What I had to do was repair the connector on the control board again this time with 1.75+ reading glasses and it helped me see good enough to find the 2 bad pins.
p.s.
Can you check or confirm. that the restored connections belong to the wires of the motor rotor speed sensor (the corresponding contacts of the inverter connector D 14)?
https://alflash.com.ua/2019/to_rav4ev/speed_sensor.jpg
speed_sensor.jpg

Is it possible to take screenshots of speed sensor voltage oscillograms?

Attachments

• PXL_20240527_002452776.jpg
    PXL_20240527_002452776.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Is this a connector on the printed circuit board of the inverter control unit or is it a connector on the inverter itself?
What pin numbers of inverter connector d14 are the restored contacts connected to?

Is this a connector on the printed circuit board of the inverter control unit or is it a connector on the inverter itself?
What pin numbers of inverter connector d14 are the restored contacts connected to?
I will try to explain more later but its is on the MAIN drive unit control board. We tried to use a Control board from the Model S P85+ and you tried to help me re-program that and it would not accept programming so I had to repair this one a second time. I will try to write everything up later this week or the start of next week. But right now I am exhausted after all of this and I have my Boys this week so I am quite busy.

I will try to explain more later but its is on the MAIN drive unit control board. We tried to use a Control board from the Model S P85+ and you tried to help me re-program that and it would not accept programming so I had to repair this one a second time. I will try to write everything up later this week or the start of next week. But right now I am exhausted after all of this and I have my Boys this week so I am quite busy.
Yes, that donor inverter board of yours, in principle, could not be programmed in RAV4EV. And if it weren’t for Tesla’s provocateurs with their bad version 1.1.46, we could have saved a lot of time without wasting it in vain.
https://alflash.com.ua/2019/to_rav4ev/bad_reflash_.png
bad_reflash_.png

Ok So one error that has popped up 3 times while driving it is the Low Battery warning and this is while the battery is at 60% So last night I charged to 100% (extended range) As I want to make sure the BMS gets some time to balance it. But I guess I need to look at why this warning is popping up now.

In this situation vehickle write, for example, BMS_f018 alert?
I didn't have the laptop plugged in. I will finish making my RJ45 - CAN adapter. And keep it in the car with me to look at it again if it pops up.

But it only gives the low battery warning for about 10 seconds then it goes away.

I didn't have the laptop plugged in. I will finish making my RJ45 - CAN adapter. And keep it in the car with me to look at it again if it pops up.

But it only gives the low battery warning for about 10 seconds then it goes away.
I recommend paying attention to the data shown in this video.

and do this simple check

It would be interesting to find out similar data for your vrhicle.

It is curious when exactly the contacts “get tired of living” if you often use an “aggressive” driving style.
How often does your car’s HV battery current exceed 4–5 hundred amperes?

Last edited:
Ok I will have a look. I will fix up my connector today. When it give me the low voltage warning and turtle mode it was 1/2 charge and I had only been driving for about 1 minute each time. I was not driving hard I was light throttle and no more than 50 km/h in traffic.

Ok I will have a look. I will fix up my connector today. When it give me the low voltage warning and turtle mode it was 1/2 charge and I had only been driving for about 1 minute each time. I was not driving hard I was light throttle and no more than 50 km/h in traffic.

Does the GOM show 'Lo' in the display? This is the default value if there is no CAN data received from the BMS indicating the kWhr remaining. If this is happening intermittently, you may have a wiring/connector issue somewhere.

By any chance do you have the ability to log CAN data?

Does the GOM show 'Lo' in the display? This is the default value if there is no CAN data received from the BMS indicating the kWhr remaining. If this is happening intermittently, you may have a wiring/connector issue somewhere.

By any chance do you have the ability to log CAN data?
I think it said Lo I thought I got a picture but I didn't have time as it went away quickly. My first guess would be a loose wire or something. It goes to turtle mode then back to full power a few seconds later. Any idea of which connector(s) I am guessing a BMS connector from the battery to the vehicle and likely 1-2 others?

1. With such a simple program you can monitor some important parameters of the Tesla system using the CAN data exchange bus via DLC3 No.2 aka blue Teslas DLC

2. It is not at all a fact that the cause of the malfunction you described is poor contacts...

1/2 Off. In total, 5.5 programs are known for diagnosing some parameters of the Tesla system of the RAVEV two gen.

Last edited:
Back