Is anyone interested in selling their car?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarDaveGreen

I am most interested in:

- DRY speed sensor
- Motor replaced within the past 5 years by either Tesla or QCCharge
- Either a repainted car or NOT original Blizzard White
- JdeMO installed and both JdeMO and J1772 working
- At least 90 miles showing on the Guess-o-Meter after a normal charge in 70 degree (ish) weather. I'll pay more $$ for 100 miles
- It's a gift to my sister so everything has to work and it has to be reasonably clean for a 10 year old car

Thanks

I have my doubts whether a RAV4EV with a battery that healthy still exists. Maybe if it had a warranty battery replacement very late in the game, but otherwise we're talking about a minimum 9 yo battery.

I'd probably talk to QCCharge for a line on a car they've refurbed.

What kind of battery do you consider healthy?
The ones I tested had SOH between 83 and 89% and clearly depended on Lifetime Discharged Energy (kWh).
Only one vehicle* had an SOH of only 60%.
https://youtu.be/TP516uAdB_0

alflash said:
The ones I tested had SOH between 83 and 89% and clearly depended on Lifetime Discharged Energy (kWh).
How do you calculate SOH on the RAV4 EV?

With OVMS, I can see the BMS reported stats. This is my car after charging.

BMS SOC: 94%
BMS Available Energy: 36.2kWh
Lifetime Pack Discharge: 35,984kWh
Lifetime Pack Charge: 37,942kWh
Odometer: 144,082km

If you just take the first two stats, SOC and Available Energy, and divide by the nominal new energy of 41.8kWh, I get this:
36.2 / 0.94 = 38.51kWh
38.51 / 41.8 = 92.13% SOH

Do you have a different method?

miimura said:
alflash said:

If you just take the first two stats, SOC and Available Energy, and divide by the nominal new energy of 41.8kWh, I get this:
36.2 / 0.94 = 38.51kWh

Please, let me know
Your "BMS SOC" is data aka "User Display State of Charge" or "Min State of Charge"?

To calculate SOH, I use the value of the "Energy Remaining (Until Empty)" parameter after the end* of extended charging and disconnecting the 12V battery. And indeed, I use the ratio** of the Energy Remaining (Until Empty) value to 41.8 kWh.

For example, the data of one vehicle "The HV Battery in Time" :)
degradation_compare.png

Notes.
* As degradation increases, extended charging stops at 96...98%, that is, until 100% is reached (and only 15 indicator bars).

** This HV battery has almost half the Lifetime Discharged Energy of your vehicle ...
217.png

davewill said:
I have my doubts whether a RAV4EV with a battery that healthy still exists. Maybe if it had a warranty battery replacement very late in the game, but otherwise we're talking about a minimum 9 yo battery.

I'd probably talk to QCCharge for a line on a car they've refurbed.

Both of the RAV4s I own regularly charge to somewhere between 100-110 miles if they are being charged after a longish freeway trip.

The both charge to between 90 and 100 after strictly city driving.

All with no heat/A/C.

alflash said:
miimura said:
alflash said:

36.2 / 0.94 = 38.51kWh

Please, let me know
Your "BMS SOC" is data aka "User Display State of Charge" or "Min State of Charge"?

To calculate SOH, I use the value of the "Energy Remaining (Until Empty)" parameter after the end* of extended charging and disconnecting the 12V battery. And indeed, I use the ratio** of the Energy Remaining (Until Empty) value to 41.8 kWh.
I decode the "Min SOC" from the low 10 bits of PID 0x302 on the Tesla CanBUS. I tried to make sense of the "SOC UI" in the next higher bits, but I could not figure it out because the values decoded throughout the charging profile didn't make sense.

Anyway, my data above is after a "Standard Charge" so I was using the SOC_min to extrapolate the full capacity. I should really just do the Extended Charge and verify that it shows 100% SOC and see how much pack energy it says.

I am most interested in:

- DRY speed sensor
- Motor replaced within the past 5 years by either Tesla or QCCharge
- Either a repainted car or NOT original Blizzard White
- JdeMO installed and both JdeMO and J1772 working
- At least 90 miles showing on the Guess-o-Meter after a normal charge in 70 degree (ish) weather. I'll pay more $$ for 100 miles
- It's a gift to my sister so everything has to work and it has to be reasonably clean for a 10 year old car

Thanks
I know it's a year old post. Have you found your desired vehicle? I thought I had a buyer for our 2013, 45K miles, 130 GOM to 80% (no interstate driving), gorgeous silver in great condition, but not a dry speed sensor and a fluky OBC, with a replacement unit on the shelf but he bought a new Volvo C40. Last offer from webuyanycar was astonishingly high, even knowing the leaky bearing seals and fluky charger.

I would not be surprised if you are unable to find a dry sensor, as my reading shows that even a repaired LDU eventually leaks again, although I suspect the coolant delete mod would resolve that.

What was your offer? Carvana and Carmax are offering about $6k for my RAV4 with 80k miles; that's a low enough offer it's worth holding onto.
The offer was three or four weeks ago of $8600 and I received a call last week from the operator telling me that the value has increased. They are aware of the leaking seals and the flaky charger. Perhaps the low mileage counterbalances the equipment problems.

As of yesterday, the charger has gone from flaky to non-operational. With only 35 miles remaining on the GOM, its last trip will be to webuyanycar.

Back