Do you plan to buy out your RAV at the end of the lease?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningmay

Hi

I leased my RAV EV about 8 months ago. It has given me zero problems (well unless you count the charger door issue....but thats negligible). I was seriously hoping that the Tesla Model 3 would be out in the market by the time the lease ran out on the RAV....but THAT aint gonna happen. SO, although I still have a lot of time left, I have started pondering if I should buy it out at the end of the lease (pretty good value) or not......

What are you guys planning on doing?

I'd like to buy it at the end of the lease. If they turn out to be bulletproof, and/or it looks like there will be plenty of enthusiast support out there, I will consider it. But that's not the way to bet right now. If it didn't look like there were going to be affordable 150+mi cars available in the right time frame, I'd be a lot more tempted.

Yes I plan to buy out my RAV unless big issues start.
I need the rear space to carry tool box and supplies for light maintenance work.

I plan on it, plus another shortly.. DCQC'ing is the only way to go and the Rav is the only thing out there that has room and an incredible drive train. Coming up on my 1 year anniversary of ownership and I'll be hitting 17k of millage. That was on L2.

JaDEmo is gonna bust it wide open! :shock:

Rav millage #'s are going to start climbing like crazy! :lol:

Well, I won't buy at the end of lease because I bought outright from the start. I'm very pleased with that decision, and buying a slightly used 2013 (in 2014) was very cost effective. I paid $33k, no sales tax (in WA), and get reimbursed $0.555/mile for every business mile I drive. I figure with the fuel savings, the maintenance savings, and the "profit" from my actual costs versus reimbursement amounts it was a no-brainer.

I haven't found another EV that drive as well while providing both spacious passenger and cargo space. Tony's JdeMO capability added, this car will be...near perfect. I've not found a reason not to own it after the lease yet. :D

I have an unlimited mileage lease and absolutely love my Rav4. I have about 17K miles after 14 months, it’s really the only viable EV from me right now, but I had two gateway failures. I hope something better is out in 22 months. I doubt I would buy it since this would be a very expensive repair and have no confidence the root cause of the problematic gateway will ever be resolved, and the motor is getting louder each month. I really noticed it when I was in a loaner and remembered how quiet the car was new. Since I live in the east bay, something with about 150 mile range would be terrific.

I'd like to keep it if there was some kind of battery upgrade or add on. Something like this: http://nomadic-power.com/

At this time neither of my work sites (State of CA) offers EV charging. If the state steps it up and begins installing chargers I'd be very interested in keeping the car. I may have a Jesla in my future too.

burningmay said:
I'd like to keep it if there was some kind of battery upgrade or add on. Something like this: http://nomadic-power.com/

At this time neither of my work sites (State of CA) offers EV charging. If the state steps it up and begins installing chargers I'd be very interested in keeping the car. I may have a Jesla in my future too.

Computer generated vapor wear is available today. That likely won't be available any time soon and if it is the cost will be prohibitive for anything well made and safe.

Back