Any other Rav4ev owners make a Model 3 deposit?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still too many unknowns for me. I get one vehicle so it really needs to work for me to buy it.
I think I am staying with the RAV4-EV for a bit longer. No deposit from me. :(

Yep, #101 in Walnut Creek.
Although, the more I think about it a used 7 seat Model S fits the needs better. Let see when test rides become available.

So, I think I heard there were 275,000 presales at last count, and there were a total of 2,600 RavEVs sold? It wouldn't be bad odds to assume every RavEV owner made a deposit (although, I didn't - and I have 2 - :D )

I did get a chance to go over a model X a couple days ago - the owner was locked out of their house, and when I showed up to let them in, there was a beautiful, very new model X in the driveway. So after opening the house, he gave me a full tour. And while it is a really cool car, I have to admit that the technology is too over the top for me. As we walked around, the doors would open (partially, full), close, seats slide forward and back, trunk opens and closes. The number of motors, sensors, relays and interfaces necesssary to make it all work scares the heck out of me about what will happen to these cars when the warranty runs out and the repair costs get unreasonable - Maybe unreasonable concern, but none of us will know for 5-10 years from now.

It was tempting to put a deposit down on the model 3, but honestly I prefer the utility of a wagon or hatchback of some sort. One of the reasons we got the RAV4 EV was because it is practical sized vehicle that can carry 5 people plus a reasonable amount of cargo. I would like to see what the Model Y will be like. The Model X has too many bells and whistles that may eventually break. Even on the Model S the door handles that retract automatically have been known to fail. Regular door handles may not be as exciting but they don't break as easily. I am hoping that the Model Y will not have falcon wing doors as they make carrying anything on the roof problematic. I also hope that Tesla will focus much more on overall reliability on their future models and leave the important technology intact in the vehicles such as autopilot and the superior handling/performance characteristics.

Sure did put a deposit down for a model 3. I plan to keep the Rav4 as well and ditch my old school Prius. When I was at the dealer, they said there are used model s's for as low as $45,000 now. Tempting, very tempting

I did at Rocklin Tesla. I drove by around 10:30 AM and there were about 100 people in line so I decided to go back to work and returned at 4:00 PM there was no line and made my reservation in 5 minutes. I wish I had stayed in the morning.
To know your reservation number
go to https://www.teslamotors.com/user/login
if you don't have an account you can create an account using the email you used for the reservation, when you log in on top of the page you will see a number Model 3 RNXXXXXXX I believe this is the reservation number and your order in the reservation list. My number is 107K

mike4300 said:
To know your reservation number
go to https://www.teslamotors.com/user/login
if you don't have an account you can create an account using the email you used for the reservation, when you log in on top of the page you will see a number Model 3 RNXXXXXXX I believe this is the reservation number and your order in the reservation list. My number is 107K
It is absolutely *not* your order in the reservation list. You cannot determine your position from your reservation number at all. The numbers are wildly different even for people ordering at the same time in the same location. Even if you put down two simultaneous reservations, you'd find your numbers are not anywhere near each other. Go to teslamotorsclub.com to see much discussion of this.

Also note that Tesla will not fulfill reservations strictly by ordered received. Prior S/X owners and buyers of higher trim 3s get priority, and then they said within the US they'll fulfill from the West Coast moving eastward.

I made a reservation for myself. The wife will keep her RAV4 EV, and my Land Cruiser will move to the street. The 3 will be my commuter car, with Autopilot the killer app.

Back