2013 RAV4 EV parts

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelique_

I was involved in an accident with my 2013 EV and am concerned about finding replacement parts, as it's a rare model. Is it possible to use parts from a regular ICE RAV4 if I can't locate specific EV parts?

Hmmm swapping parts from a regular ICE RAV4 into your 2013 EV can be a bit tricky. EVs have their own quirks and specialized bits, so while some parts might play nice together, a lot of the electrical and drivetrain stuff is totally unique to the EV.

It’s a good idea to chat with a mechanic who knows both rides or hit up the manufacturer to figure out what you can safely mix and match. 😉

I was involved in an accident with my 2013 EV and am concerned about finding replacement parts, as it's a rare model. Is it possible to use parts from a regular ICE RAV4 if I can't locate specific EV parts?
The car is pretty old. If you need some basic ones, I think you might be lucky. Anyway, are you ok?

The front bumper, rear spoiler are unique to the EV. Rear hatch is from the 7 passenger version. Body is 2012 V6 even for the 2013 and 2014. Bracket for charger is also unique and used in place of gas filler bracket. Plastic cover on cables in left rear wheel well is in the same place as the gas venting but may be different. But if the rav is damaged in this area it likely will be a total loss anyway.
Gas bumper and spoiler should fit them if you can’t find EV parts.

I can say definitively that the LR panel is different, due to the massaging Toyota did to fit the charge inlet. It looks the same, but it's not. See this post for details & pics.
Yes the bracket holding the charger socket is definitely different but the exterior sheet metal is not.
There are some modifications to the underside for mounting the battery but I believe they just took some brackets off. I haven’t seen anything showing what they did only descriptions.

Back