Who Can Turn off the Backup Beeper?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aginzu

Since it's not part of the power train, can any Toyota dealer turn off the backup beeper or does it need to be done by a RAV4 EV dealer?

I was hoping to be able to do this myself. Haven't gone through all of the user setting menus on the Rav4 EV display yet but hopefully its in there somewhere. I did see a comment earlier from Diane that she does this before she sells / leases her cars so maybe this does have to be done at the deaer.

james

Only the dealer can do it. Many of us required it when we purchased the car. You could probably go back and ask them to do it for you.

I think tony had a list of features that could be modified.

You can do it yourself with adapter from amazon read this thread

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=227&start=20

Got it today. It works great. I was able to turn off the backup beeper and set the headlight timing. The only thing I found is to make sure is that the vehicle is turned on before having the software connect to the vehicle. If it's not fully on, only a subset of the parameters can be customized. If it reads the mileage and VIN number from the vehicle after connecting, everything is there and works. I didn't try many of its functions, but it can also run diagnostics. It's a very useful tool for less than $30.

Back