Parking EV at Sacramento Airport

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3ckf

So i need to take a flight out of Sacramento next week.

Has anyone parked there with an EV and charged it?

I do this at Oakland all the time at Expresso parking (which will charge your car while you're away, and even has a special rate for EV users, btw).

However at Sacramento is there any way to get your car charged while you're somewhere else? I notice there are apparently 12 car chargers in the "Daily Lot" at the airport, do people just park at the charger and leave their car plugged in for 2 days or whatever?)

Has anyone done this? I'm wondering if the cables on those chargers are long enough to reach an adjacent space (so you can park and then start the car chargning in a space "next to" the charger and then if someone else needs it, they can just unplug your car and plug theirs in the charger space?

It seems odd to put car chargers in in a place where the cars are going to be parked for > 24 hours (the Daily lot).

I dont see any off-airport parking operators at Sacramento though other thana couple of hotels.

I assume you've looked at the photos on PlugShare. If you back in I'm sure you can connect from an adjacent spot. Or get a JLong from Quick Charge.

There are actually 2 chargers per floor in the garage and 2 in the daily lot for a total of 12. The comments indicate they are often full.

Are you coming from the Bay Area and absolutely have to charge? For 2 days away you could just do L1.

Also it might be cheaper to park nearby and get a taxi. Davis has lots of chargers.

Not sure what the proper etiquette for long term EV parking/charging is. I would put a note indicating OK to unplug if lights not flashing.

Back