Help-Sign the petition for long-distance DCFC network in CA!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are now 341 signatories on the petition, and I am sending it along with the signatures and comments to the CEC. Here is my cover letter (minus some PII):

May 11, 2015

Commissioner Janea Scott
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Commissioner Scott:

I have attached a petition signed by 340 people urging the California Energy Commission (CEC) to deploy a network of DC fast chargers (DCFCs) to enable long-distance electric vehicle (EV) travel in California this year. There are now nearly 150,000 EVs in CA, but only about 10 DCFCs have been completed with CEC funding, and none of these are along transportation corridors (per CEC-600-2014-009-CMF).

340 people have signed the enclosed petition that urges the CEC to take more and faster action in deploying DCFCs to enable long distance EV travel in our state. Many people have written heartfelt comments (also attached), and I encourage you to read them to understand how taking this action will boost EV adoption and help us achieve our Governor's goal of having an infrastructure that can accommodate 1 million ZEVs by 2020. Sadly, it appears that the CEC has not yet taken timely action in developing infrastructure for long-distance EV travel in our state, and its current solicitation / award cycle will have to speed up dramatically to meet current needs and to meet the 2020 goal.

I look forward to receiving your response on how the CEC intends to address this issue, and I will communicate your message to all signatories of this petition.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Thomas Greene

Back