Firmware version

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Couple of questions about the firmware version on the RAV4 EV:

1. Does anyone know what the most current version is?

2. Does anyone know how to check what the installed version is?

I remember reading in the forum someone saying something about a special cable being necessary to upgrade the firmware on the RAV4 EV. My interpretation of this was that it was a different cable than what is used to work on the Prius Plug-In. Does anyone know if this is the same cable that is being sold with the Techstream software?

Any or all answers appreciated. Thanks.

I'd just like to know if I can check the firmware version so I can tell the service guys and/or Toyota something in the future.

That said, I'm joining the curiosity with madcow.

While it is certainly possible the firmware version is "discoverable" by some obscure/currently-hidden sequence of steps, alas, it is also possible that the mapping from a car's VIN to said firmware version is only in some Toyota-internal database. Regardless, for recall purposes, said database must exist and might be worth a call to your friendly Toyota service representative to ask the two questions (or, rather, one simple one: does my car have the latest?).

madcow said:
Couple of questions about the firmware version on the RAV4 EV:
1. Does anyone know what the most current version is?

2. Does anyone know how to check what the installed version is?

If we ask the service advisor what version, we still need the answer to the first question to know if we have the latest.
Does anybody know what the most current version is?

This has been mentioned here before, so I know there is way to find it in the RAV4 EV. I've done it, but can't remember exactly how. There is a way using the center console display from the HOME screen and in a particular submenu. I think it is called "settings" or something of that nature. Do a search for it here to get the specifics.

deleted user said:

Um....really? Have you been reading the forums on here?? Some of the forum members have more experience with the cars than the service guys. Additionally, if you haven't noticed, MANY of the forum members are out of state and have been having different degrees of success with their non-EV certified local dealerships.

The versions on my car are:

Model ID: 11TSANNA-AZ03
Navigation: VB503103
Bluetooth: 21.210

My car was updated in late May right after delivery.

I've got the same firmware and I bought mine on July 4. For the sake of completeness, I'll throw in the navigation system info as well (my greatest pet peeve with the vehicle at the moment):
Model ID: 11TSANNA-AZ03
Navigation: VB503150
Bluetooth: 21.210
Gracenote: 05052 [2012-06-1]
Map Version: 21-12-27 [2012-06-1]
Map Update ID: 1102-7225-0800-2116
Yes, I know the Gracenote DB is musical, I just find it interesting that it's got the same (date based?) sub-version ID as the map.

In addition to "is [11TSANNA-AZ03] the latest firmware?", does anybody know:
1) Whether Navigation VB503150 / Map 21-12-27 are the latest versions, and
2) How often the nav system updates are available?

The POI data is from 2011, and the 2012 map somehow thinks I live on a one-way southbound street when I actually live a block over from that on a one-way northbound. (There may be other explanations, but the directions it gives don't make a lot of sense to me and when I take my usual route, it tells me I have arrived when I'm on the southbound street ... ) My 2003 Nissan Murano didn't have that issue with its map data. :mad:

Back