Automatic Door Locks

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly RAV4 EV

I just got back from the dealer for my 5000 mile check up. I asked them to program my door locks to lock when in drive and unlock in park. They checked to see what dealer adjustments can be made on the Rav and they told me only the remote can be programmed to unlock all doors with 2 pushes there was nothing else they could do for me. Does anybody on this forum have locks that lock in drive and unlock in park???

Philly RAV4 EV said:
I just got back from the dealer for my 5000 mile check up. I asked them to program my door locks to lock when in drive and unlock in park. They checked to see what dealer adjustments can be made on the Rav and they told me only the remote can be programmed to unlock all doors with 2 pushes there was nothing else they could do for me. Does anybody on this forum have locks that lock in drive and unlock in park???

Like many dealers, they don't know what they are talking about. I don't remember the exact sequence, but it's in your owner's manual.

It can also be set with the same machine that will change how long the headlights stay on after shutdown, how many beeps you have to listen to while in reverse, and of course, under what parameters the door locks work.

There are many other settings.

I looked through the glove box manual and there is nothing about automatic door locks? If anybody knows of this, let me know.

Philly RAV4 EV said:
I looked through the glove box manual and there is nothing about automatic door locks? If anybody knows of this, let me know.

Like Tony says the dealer should be able to set that up for you. My Prius is set up that way... Also going to dealer when I have time to set up the Rav4 EV. Will report back if I learn more.

Just talked with service department at Hanlees Toyota in Davis. They said they can make that change but "the guy who does it isn't in today". Will try again tomorrow to see if I can get this done....

Philly RAV4 EV said:
I just got back from the dealer for my 5000 mile check up. I asked them to program my door locks to lock when in drive and unlock in park.

I finally made it to the service department of my local Toyota dealer in Davis. By phone they told me they could do it, but today they hooked up my car to their computer and spent a good 15 - 20 minutes searching through options and could not find anything. He concluded it wasn't possible, but didn't understand why not since the Prius and other models can be set up that way. The service guy seemed reasonably knowledgeable about the Rav4 EVs in general, in fact he was working on the inverter of a first gen Rav4 EV at that moment.

Too bad. I really wanted that feature turned on because I'd like the feedback. The park button is silent, hearing something, a beep, or just the doors unlocking when I push the park button would be good feedback.

I had the same issue, the guy spent a good 20 minutes messing with it and could not locate any internal features. I would really appreciate the feedback as well.

If anyone knows something we don't, please post.

snoltor said:
Philly RAV4 EV said:
Too bad. I really wanted that feature turned on because I'd like the feedback. The park button is silent, hearing something, a beep, or just the doors unlocking when I push the park button would be good feedback.

I find I never use the Park button. I just hit power.

I have confirmed that there is no user or dealer programmed scan tool customizable option available for auto door lock configuration in the Rav4 EV.

amfca said:
I have confirmed that there is no user or dealer programmed scan tool customizable option available for auto door lock configuration in the Rav4 EV.

Here's a product being developed for the Nissan LEAF. It works on any Android device and connects via Bluetooth to the OBD2 port:

gkuq.png

lcgl.png

I can't see the link you mentioned (I guess after the:), is there a browser security setting i need to change?

TonyWilliams said:
ToddR said:
I can't see the link you mentioned (I guess after the:), is there a browser security setting i need to change?

Sorry, I didn't put a link. I was just showing what can be done. There is not a similar product for the Rav4 EV.

So are you implying by showing a LEAF tool, that the functions exist in RAV4 EV ECU ? For features to be enabled, don't they need to exist in main ECU software code?

Sorry, but I am not clearly understanding your post.

Thanks.

amfca said:
TonyWilliams said:
ToddR said:

Sorry, I didn't put a link. I was just showing what can be done. There is not a similar product for the Rav4 EV.

So are you implying by showing a LEAF tool, that the functions exist in RAV4 EV ECU ? For features to be enabled, don't they need to exist in main ECU software code?

Sorry, but I am not clearly understanding your post.

Thanks.

I'm saying that with a bit of effort and due diligence, we could have the same functionality!

On my Prius, it says the door locks are customizable. I just read the 2013 RAV4 manual, it's not there!

Back