Adding a CD Player

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgblair

We just picked up our new leased RAV4 EV last night. Has anyone found a nice way to add a CD player? My wife records CD's and wants to listen to them to check them as she travels.

Thanks,

John

That's what I was thinking Tony. I was hoping that someone else might have tried it and have suggestions on which player, where to put it so it stays put and is easy to access by the driver, and so on.

John

Get a small one with bluetooth or usb, and place it above the cup holders. There is a void shelf there should be large enough.

However, I would recommend getting her a used ipod that can store hundreds of cds and teaching her how to copy CDs to it. iPod can be controlled thorough the head unit.

That is what I was hoping to find: a CD player that would fit on the shelf or even an automotive one that could mount or sit there. I am sure there are various tricks I am overlooking. I am hoping some clever RAV4 EV owner (or even a Model S owner) would have figured out one that works nicely and easily.

My wife has an ipod already and uses iTunes on her Mac's. The issue is that she is a composer and DJ and she generates hours of CD's of her radio show and compositions each week. If she is going to listen to a song or set regularly, then the iPod, a USB memory stick, or a portable USB hard drive would work fine. But in many cases she just wants to review the CD's while she drives. Afterwards, most will be filed away among many hundreds. If she had to rip each one and then clear it off afterwards (she doesn't want to label and save each one in iTunes), that would be a lot more work than popping a CD in a player and then filing it afterwards.

Thanks,
John

What about adding a six disc CD changer to the center armrest. There's a power supply and a 3.5mm jack close by.

I'd love to have that. I really miss my disk changer from my ICE car (not enough to actually drive it though). :)

Thumb Drive.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-032G-B35/dp/B00812F7O8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1381613325&sr=8-7&keywords=thumb+drive+for+music

32GB.
Plug it right in!

Hi Dianne,

Yes thumb drives are great. My wife has to review hours of CD's every week. It is too much trouble to rip a bunch of CD's and put them on a thumb drive (or my wife's iPod) just to listen to them once, then archive the CD's, and delete them from iTunes/thumb drive. She does rip the CD's she wants to keep listening to and adds them to her iTunes. Since the drive time is "free", it is a good time for her to do the CD reviews. I am looking at a portable CD player she found in a cupboard to see if I can make it work. It fits nicely in the little cubbyhole behind the cup holders. I have to find the right 12V adapter plug and the cable that will connect it to the car.

Thanks,
John

Back