Yet another 2013 Rav4EV on the market

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred_dot_u

Supporting Member
43,355 miles on the odometer, checked just moments ago. Currently runs great, but sings like a turbocharger and the speed sensor is quite dribbled. The OBC has issues. It has become intermittent and will charge after connecting and disconnecting the J1772 between 1 and 8 times. The 8 is the highest count we've monitored and it usually runs five to six times, but it does charge. Thanks to Vlad for his time in troubleshooting, narrowing it down from all the other possibilities. With the sale comes a replacement OBC from a Tesla.

No dings or scratches other than a minor chip here and there. When I collected the odometer reading, I was unable to locate any but I didn't spend much time in the hot sun either. New tires with fewer than a thousand miles, I believe. This vehicle has been driven about 60 miles a week since purchased in 2017 and has now been relegated to secondary status, at about 100 miles a month, to extend its life as much as possible. It also has a new 12v battery installed at the beginning of the year.

Driven only on surface streets, maximum speed no higher than 50 mph gives us warm weather range up to about 120 miles, but never driven to any level of alerts for range.

This vehicle can be made available immediately and might be traded into the dealer when we replace it with a contemporary EV-SUV. Of course, if I can get a better price here than at the dealer, that's what I'd prefer.

I let the salesman know the motor bearings are on the way out and forgot to mention the charger, which I'll bring up during the next visit, as we've not test driven the selected vehicle. He was not disturbed by the news.

Even if you don't care to purchase this wonderful, albeit troubled EV, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, I'd like to compare projected value to our community with the projected value assigned by the dealer. Please make offers and estimations as you like.

Located in East Central Florida, never been driven on the beach, washed at Mister on a weekly basis.

Attachments

• image 01.png
    image 01.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image 02.png
    image 02.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image 03.png
    image 03.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image 04.png
    image 04.png
  • image 05.png
    image 05.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image 06.png
    image 06.png
  • image 07.png
    image 07.png
  • image 08.png
    image 08.png
  • image 09.png
    image 09.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • speed sensor.jpg
    speed sensor.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a 2013 for sale as well and was wondering what you think the market is for your vehicle (opinion)
Mine is running fine, but I have just noticed that there is noise from the gear box. I assume this will need attention.

Attachments

• Rav4EV.jpg
    Rav4EV.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Until you check your speed sensor, you really can't determine that it's from a "gearbox." You ask my opinion of a value or market for the vehicle, yet my post is to determine just that information.

43,355 miles on the odometer, checked just moments ago. Currently runs great, but sings like a turbocharger and the speed sensor is quite dribbled. The OBC has issues. It has become intermittent and will charge after connecting and disconnecting the J1772 between 1 and 8 times. The 8 is the highest count we've monitored and it usually runs five to six times, but it does charge. Thanks to Vlad for his time in troubleshooting, narrowing it down from all the other possibilities. With the sale comes a replacement OBC from a Tesla.

No dings or scratches other than a minor chip here and there. When I collected the odometer reading, I was unable to locate any but I didn't spend much time in the hot sun either. New tires with fewer than a thousand miles, I believe. This vehicle has been driven about 60 miles a week since purchased in 2017 and has now been relegated to secondary status, at about 100 miles a month, to extend its life as much as possible. It also has a new 12v battery installed at the beginning of the year.

This vehicle can be made available immediately and might be traded into the dealer when we replace it with a contemporary EV-SUV. Of course, if I can get a better price here than at the dealer, that's what I'd prefer.

I let the salesman know the motor bearings are on the way out and forgot to mention the charger, which I'll bring up during the next visit, as we've not test driven the selected vehicle. He was not disturbed by the news.

Even if you don't care to purchase this wonderful, albeit troubled EV, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, I'd like to compare projected value to our community with the projected value assigned by the dealer. Please make offers and estimations as you like.

Located in East Central Florida, never been driven on the beach, washed at Mister on a weekly basis.
I live in Washington State. 65,000. New 12 V battery, tires and new recall paint job. I get about 95 miles range summer... I started out at $11,000 a month ago. Been dropping price steadily. I am now down to $7,500. ...sadly but true.

The nuisance commercial on television, we buy any car dot com, has a local depot and without being able to provide bearing failure and charger intermittent notes, the offer is nearly nine grand! Even if that's cut in half on disclosure, that's a substantial amount. It was only the online quote, no in-person assessment yet.

I live in Washington State. 65,000. New 12 V battery, tires and new recall paint job. I get about 95 miles range summer... I started out at $11,000 a month ago. Been dropping price steadily. I am now down to $7,500. ...sadly but true.
Ouch. Carvana was offering $18k on mine two years ago (around 70k miles at the time). Sounds like I missed the best jumping off point, although I love my rav and will drive it as long as it’ll let me.

I love mine too...but need more miles...and we currently own 5 cars between 2 people. A bit ridiculous

Back