Tesla Stock

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AvLegends

You guys been watching TSLA? Been going thru the roof! Right now this morning it is tickling $80.00/+15% Looking back sure wish I converted my Apple to Tesla when it was around $34 :roll:

Not sure if it's a bubble but it sure is great to see it go up if nothing else for the EV market and... hopefully the future of our drivetrains ;) . We'll see what the future holds!

I'm still kicking myself for not investing 2 days ago =X I was so close to getting it done!

Guys, this is a "short squeeze", where all the guys who were convinced that the Obamamobile HAD TO FAIL, that they bet real money on it.

Now they are all buying the stock to cover their short. Don't get suckered into this one, because sooner or later, they will run out of short sellers AND people will want to monetize those double digits gains!!!

TonyWilliams said:
Guys, this is a "short squeeze", where all the guys who were convinced that the Obamamobile HAD TO FAIL, that they bet real money on it.

Now they are all buying the stock to cover their short. Don't get suckered into this one, because sooner or later, they will run out of short sellers AND people will want to monetize those double digits gains!!!

Short squeeze is probably right. Right now TSLA is worth 25% of what GM is worth. They make a fantastic car but once they own the super high end range will they be able to make a profit selling 30k consumer cars? Of course, I thought Netscape was too expensive at their IPO too so I don't have a great track record :)

scooter said:
I was smart enough to buy it at $34... and smart enough to sell it at $34.80 :)
I always seem to buy high and sell low. Converted part of a mutual fund that was pretty flat to Apple at mid $500's and watched it go to +700 and then slide to below 400... don't invest in the market any more than you can loose is what I was always told. Thank god I don't have that much in the market.

I agree with Tony that this is a bubble and TSLA is going to have a reality check eventually when the investors pull out the profits.

AvLegends said:
I agree with Tony that this is a bubble and TSLA is going to have a reality check eventually when the investors pull out the profits.
Yep. It's definitely a short squeeze going on. It's insane.

At the same time, I'm half kicking myself for not having bought any. At the same time, it can be very risky to buy a stock before earnings (which happened very recently). The market is fickle and any random thing in an earnings report or conference call can send a stock tumbling big time (e.g. only met expectations, didn't beat expectations by enough, beat it but missed "whisper numbers", margin compression, "poor" future outlook, etc.) I've seen it SO MANY times w/so many companies.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Since Toyota was offering 0% financing with the $10k rebate in March, I used the money Carmax gave me for my 2011 Ford Explorer to buy TSLA stock, instead of putting it toward the purchase. If I sell now, the Rav4 EV would be a free car for me. :). But I'm not selling, i think TSLA stock will continue to rise as a long term investment. Maybe it will be a free TESLA Model S! LOL

^^^
Be careful. As Cramer likes to say "Bulls, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered" (http://www.thestreet.com/static/rules1.html). I personally would take some gains off the table and think about prices at which you'd either take more off the table along w/stop limits or stop losses in case it starts falling. You don't want to turn your on paper winner into a loser, due to inattention.

Think about the people who had big winners in the .com boom but didn't take their gains and then used hope or "I think it'll get back to even" on stocks that went down and never broke even.

Actually, the short squeeze in TSLA is what pushed me over the edge to buy my eRav4...

I bought some TSLA in Feb. after reading some reports about the company turning to profitability and it was up 125% when i sold enough to pay me back for my initial position. (and coincidentally, a little more than i put into the downpayment on my Rav4...)

Certainly made that decision easier on Sunday to know that money was in the bank, so to speak...

watch out though. its tough to trade a squeeze once they start. You never know exactly when the short swill run out of stock to cover.

Back