Should we count our blessings? (Fiat 500e Breakdowns)

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

Well, even though the RAV4 EV has its own issues, I think the Fiat 500e has a more serious problem. Basically, half shafts are falling off the cars due to improper assembly at the factory. Several have broken while driving due to the bolts holding a CV joint onto the transmission output shaft simply falling out. There is now a "Stop Sell" order so that they can inspect all the cars and make sure they are all bolted together properly.

http://insideevs.com/report-fiat-issues-stop-sell-order-while-it-hunts-down-defective-500e-electric-vehicles/

Wow. I remember the joke being that Fiat meant Fix It Again, Tony (and Ford being Fix or Repair Daily, etc. etc., it's not just an import bias), but wow.

I've had my RAV4 for just over a month, now, with no mechanical problems at all. Will crack 2000 miles on my way to work (should already have left) and my only complaints have centered around the navigation system.

So, yes, I think we should count our blessings, barring those of us who have joined the Screen of Death club (for whom I do not claim to speak).

2j5gl5l.jpg

16h81a9.jpg

Despite its problems, the Fiat looks great. I saw this guy at LAX last week.

Back