Random Check Cruise Control message

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

I seem to get that every couple months. It goes away after a restart. ANy idea of the problem? Thanks

cossie1600 said:
I seem to get that every couple months. It goes away after a restart. ANy idea of the problem? Thanks

It's a "feature"! I'm not sure, but I don't believe this error has caused any real problems.

You can count on it never getting fixed. I only saw it one day (but multiple times that day). Maybe it's a disgruntled Toyota software guy who left us an Easter egg.

TonyWilliams said:
You can count on it never getting fixed. I only saw it one day (but multiple times that day). Maybe it's a disgruntled Toyota software guy who left us an Easter egg.

3 times last week , 3 different days

I wonder if it is related to the speed sensor problem for which we have the recall

fromport said:
TonyWilliams said:

3 times last week , 3 different days

I wonder if it is related to the speed sensor problem for which we have the recall

Maybe? I don't think it will get fixed with the recall, however. I strongly suspect the fix with be cheap-to-implement firmware update that just says, "Speed sensor - not received = don't shut off the car".

The problem that I get every once in awhile is that after setting the speed, I'll brake a little later and then hit resume and the speed will go up about 5 mph over what I originally set it at. I don't like that feeling. It feels like the car is running away.

Bassman said:
The problem that I get every once in awhile is that after setting the speed, I'll brake a little later and then hit resume and the speed will go up about 5 mph over what I originally set it at. I don't like that feeling. It feels like the car is running away.
If that is repeatable, I would say it's a defect that should be repaired under warranty. Mine never does that.

Back