Ext Temperature on HVAC Display

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duggie

Anybody notice inaccuracies with the exterior temperature gauge on the HVAC display? I was in Palm Springs last weekend and noticed that it was off by sometimes 10 to 20 degrees. I know it was over 100F outside, but the gauge was only reading at 82. I thought maybe it just needed time to adjust, but after about 10 to 15 minutes, it was still only reading about 90.

I'm just curious if anybody else has seen something like this? It seems more accurate when I'm home and the temps are in the 70's and 80's.

I watch mine pretty closely while driving and it seems to be within about 2 degrees of the correct temperature.

I believe actually that its actually calibrated in Celcius because it rarely changes by < 2 degrees I notice. However i've verified with an outdoor thermometer when i arrive at my house in the mountains several times and its within 2-3 degrees of the "correct" temperature.

The only time i've noticed it being wrong is when the car was sitting for awhile and it was then correct as soon as i was actualy driving.

OK, that's good to know. It's probably just a bad part then. I'll have the service dept. check it out on my next service. Thanks for your reply!

Back