EV Past Record Screen

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

I was looking at my EV Past Record screen and found it to be useless because all the bars are the same height. My driving is not THAT consistent. I was hoping that the January bar would reflect the colder weather lowering the efficiency with heater use. Are others seeing this?

EV_Past_Record_Screen.jpg

I did an "Update" yesterday to start a new bar on the chart and just after reset, it jumps around a lot. Between at least 2.7 and 3.2 mi/kWh, the bar was the same height. Also, it doesn't show the actual value of each bar with a number. So, the only useful information is the average value for the current bar at the upper right. Is the engineer in me being too picky about this?

I understand why the dashboard screens should not have a lot of small numbers to read because they would be a distraction while driving, but this is relatively deep in a menu on the NAV screen where they should be able to present a little more detailed information.

Miimura, I concur, that particular screen leaves a lot to be desired. However, I generally do see some minor "ups and downs" on the bar chart at the bottom. What really bothers me about this screen, is when you press the "UPDATE" or "CLEAR" button. A question appears asking you if erasing all the history data stored in memory is okay? This is not what I want it to do. Instead, I just want the bar graph at the bottom to be erased for the last couple days or weeks of driving, not the running AVERAGE to be erased! The latter is really only useful information if it "continuously" updates itself based on past driving history over longer periods of time! There is some sort of correlation between this average value in terms of miles per kWh, and what can be expected on the GoM after a full charge, but the less history data it is actually based on, the less reliable the GoM prediction.

CLEAR clears all the data that appears on the screen so you're starting over fresh. I think that's self explanatory. As far as I can tell, UPDATE just starts another period that one bar represents. You can see from my image, that I've only pressed UPDATE 5 times. The first bar represents the first 6 months I had the car and never used this screen. I started using this screen when I wanted to see the average efficiency over a longer drive that spanned multiple legs where the car was turned off but not charged.

I don't think what you do on this screen has anything to do with the GOM. The GOM simply has a mind of its own.

Back