Clazzio leather seat cover install

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

I can't stand the cheap seat half leather the rav4 came with. Since I have a destructive baby and two dogs, I figure it is wise to install a set of seat cover. Due to time constrain, I have only been able to install one piece so far. This is what it looks like now.

http://imageshack.com/i/0kc9zzj

http://imageshack.com/i/1n7osqj

449 from eBay, they are standard price. I just have to do two more pieces and it will be finished. We love it so far, beats the crappy finish from the factory

Does it take a while to install? The youtube video made it look EASY but that's probably becasue the guy has done 100 of them!

Also, did you get the Leather + Leather sides or Leather + PVC? If the PVC, does it feel like leather?

Thanks! your cars look nice.

This is the 4th set I have installed. I think it took me about 4 to 5 hours to finish this. I got the full leather option for 449. I rate the leather to be around a 25k car. It's one small step softer than the factory one. Fitment is good, but the rear seat is slightly off at the handle. Still, this is a solid 4 out of 5. It beats the crappy leather from factory.

http://imageshack.com/i/0598ekj

http://imageshack.com/i/g905tij

http://imageshack.com/i/0accrgj

Looks really nice. I am guessing you got the Light Grey, or is that the grey?

I was thinking of going Black/Grey or Grey/Light grey, but would have to special order them I think, and that would be $100 more.

Edit: Actually direct from Clazzio is cheapest, $419 for leather. Chatted with them for a while and they are super helpful as well. Seems like the only question is about the rear headrests, I think base and sport have different ones.

They have a factory in Torrance I am going to try to get up to and check out the fit and if needed, they can template the headrests and get them made.

Also, which did you order?
Available Models:
2012 Toyota RAV4 Base
2012 Toyota RAV4 Sports & Limited
2009-2011 Toyota RAV4 Base (Small Rear Headrests)
2009-2011 Toyota RAV4 Sports & Limited (Small Rear Headrests)

I ordered a 2011 base, which came with wrong rear headrest. I am in the process of trying to send it back. If u are there, find out about the piece below the center armrest. I can't get it in!!!

Figment is tighter than usual due to our car having half leather.

I got light gray

I am going to meet with the head engineer this Saturday to have him look at my Rav. If a new headrest needs to be made, he will template it and make them.

Can't beat $419 direct from them, no tax and can pick up in Torrance from the factory and guarantee fit.

Plus they are amazingly helpful.

Bski,
Would you be able to post the link to the Clazzio direct you are working with? I notice several Clazzio sites... Or if bad form to post such info I can pm you or if you don't mind to PM me, EVlearner.

Thanks

I just went to www.clazzio.com and they had someone online I could chat with.

This may be a silly thing to be concerned with but how is the seat heating after the leather install? Does it just take a bit longer to get heated up?

Met with Mr. Ari this weekend and actually left one of my rear headrests with him to work on. He said it should take about a week or so.

I am going to pick up a set of the Leather in Black, looked really nice in their little showroom. The light grey is almost a perfect match with our stock, dark grey quite a bit darker. Black should match well with the black accents in the cabin.

Not sure what you are having an issue with for the center armrest that you can't get in. Take a pic of it and upload it so I know what to look for or ask about.

Hi,

Please find out if a regular 2012 base headrest would fit on this car. I am trying to exchange it for the right ones.

As far as the center arm rest piece, I just don't know how to put it on. The instruction is sad. It isn't the rear center armrest, its the piece that goes under.

See how there is that condom looking thingy, it goes under the rear center armrest

ve62.jpg

2u0o.jpg

He took measurements and said he would need to make something new for the rear headrests.

Which headrests are you referring to? Do the front ones not fit?

I'm interested in this too. Trying to decide between light grey and black.

BSkI, can you post some photos once you install this?
Also, do let us know about the rear headrest, the trim/model/year of rav4 you ordered.

Thanks.

I have a 2012 Rav4 EV.

I bought the 2012 Base kit. They shipped it to me without the rear headrests as he is still building them.

The black looks pretty awesome. I didn't like that the light grey was showing dirt and scratch marks, black doesn't show anything.

I need to upload some pics. I did the front seats, haven't worked on the rear yet.

They for sure effect the seat heaters. They take much longer to feel the heat, and the heat is no where near as high. I would say they knock down the seat heater functionality about 40%.

People that don't know better swear I had the seats removed and leather installed on the seats. The don't believe it is just a cover.

Back