Can Multiple users have access to EV App in Entune?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rav4EVoom

I couldn't find a thread that discuss this in my search result so I am starting this new topic. But in case there is an existing thread on similar topic, please point me to it and move my post to the appropriate thread. Thanks!

Both My wife and myself take turn to drive the Rav4EV. Wife first installed Entune and registered as "primary driver" and has full access of all functions including all EV management functions(schedule charging, climate control, find charging stations..etc). When I was added as the "secondary driver", I am finding out I only have access to app such as Bing, Pandora, open table...etc and I have "NO" EV management functions access in my entune, so no access to EV status info, can't schedule charging...etc.

When I called Toyota customer support, they told me only primary driver have access to the EV management and all other driver of the same user will not get access to it. When I told him that many people share vehicle in a family, EV management access is pretty important for an Electric Vehicle user"s", so if there's any possibility to also allow me(secondary driver) to also have access to the EV management functions may be in the future? He said when your wife make you "primary driver", you'll have access to the EV management function, but your wife will lose her access as she'll become "secondary driver". After the call, I send an email to Toyota asking about possibility to update the Entune software allowing multiple user to have full access, hopefully I can get some good news from Toyota.

BUT, is this true that Toyota would design this software this way to allow only one driver to access such important function for an Electrical vehicle to assume people in the family do not "share" use of a vehicle? Is anyone aware of work around so multiple user can have access to the EV management system on their Entune account?

If Entune can't solve this problem, can RavCharge solve this issue to allow multiple user have access to EV management system?

In addition to our personal email addresses, my wife and I have a shared email address/username we use for accounts that the two of us both need to access (bills, etc.) that do not allow multiple users on the same account. That email address is actually a distribution list that forwards any mail to that address to both of our personal addresses.

In Entune, we registered that shared address for the primary driver account, and we both use it to log into the Entune app on our separate phones. This works without any issue.

I certainly agree that it would be nice if Toyota allowed multiple accounts to control EV functionality for families who share a car.

I created a new e-mail address just for the car. That way if multiple people want to see the e-mail notifications, they can just add that account to their smartphone. When there is a new message from Entune, you can see it right away instead of it being lost in the sea of new messages in my main inbox. This used to be more important when the RAV4 EV firmware had more problems with missed charges. At that time, if there was no new e-mail or a single new message when I woke up in the morning I knew there was a problem. In the normal case, there would be a charge-start message and a charge-complete message. Usually, there was time to start the car charging manually to get enough charge before I left the house.

As stated above, multiple people can use RavCharge and install the Entune App while sharing the account credentials. You're not using the same e-mail and password multiple places, right?

Rav4EVoom said:
If Entune can't solve this problem, can RavCharge solve this issue to allow multiple user have access to EV management system?
As others have said, the easy answer is just to switch your Entune account over to a shared email address with a password that both you and your wife know. Use that new email address for both Entune and RavCharge. RavCharge does make it easier to access vehicle functions from multiple devices, since you can elect to store your sign-in info so you don't have to enter a PIN every time. And since it's just a website and not a mobile app, it also works on devices that Entune doesn't support (such as PCs and a wider assortment of smart phones / tablets) and allows SMS access.

By the way, if you're a RavCharge user and you change your Entune email address, let me know, as I'll have to migrate your account settings over to the new address.

fooljoe said:
Rav4EVoom said:
As others have said, the easy answer is just to switch your Entune account over to a shared email address with a password that both you and your wife know. Use that new email address for both Entune and RavCharge. RavCharge does make it easier to access vehicle functions from multiple devices, since you can elect to store your sign-in info so you don't have to enter a PIN every time. And since it's just a website and not a mobile app, it also works on devices that Entune doesn't support (such as PCs and a wider assortment of smart phones / tablets) and allows SMS access.

By the way, if you're a RavCharge user and you change your Entune email address, let me know, as I'll have to migrate your account settings over to the new address.
@eschatfische , miimura, and Fooljoe,

Thanks a lot for your quick response and detailed work around. I will speak with wife to unify an email address to use for Entune. I've not signed up for RavCharge yet as I'm still in process of getting my own L2 EVSE set up at home. So right now are charging immediately at public L2 EVSEs and the L1 EVSE at home.

Back