40A DIY OpenEVSE less J1772 cable for sale

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

For Sale 40A EVSE less J1772 cable

I have an OpenEVSE L2 40A unit with a RGB display with a RTC. It consists of a 50A 4 foot range cable with a 14-50 plug, a DIY ver 2 main board, a 63A contactor, a multi function meter, a 12V power supply with a 5V regulator, a MOV protection board with power distribution and contactor keying relay, and a Eurapean style connector for the J1772 cable. It is made for easy J1772 connections.

It has a JB weld epoxied input gland( the cable is so massive it strips the plastic nut) and a smaller gland sized for a Quick Charge 40A J1772 cable. The cable can easily be user installed or I will attach a supplied cable at no charge. Since only RAV4 EV, Mercedes B Class EV and Tesla cars can charge at 40A I do not supply the cable. Tesla's already come with 40A EVSEs so the market is limited.

The best deal on the cable seems to be eBay but they will not drop ship. Quick Charge has drop shipped cables to me in the past. They currently charge more than they have it listed on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Plug-J1772-EV-charging-cable-40A-20-foot-/272039247071?hash=item3f56cd7cdf:g:uesAAOSwI-BW&rmvSB=true

This unit has the menu's enabled and ver 3.10.4 firmware loaded. It could have RAPI enabled but I am interested in a self contained unit. Remote control is not my thing.

This is for sale for $300 plus $25 for CONUS shipping. This is sold ASIS but I guaranty it will function properly upon receipt. Payment is cash for local pickup or Paypal if I ship the unit.

We would like to support Glenn with his work, so we will supply our super flexible and lightweight 40 amp J1772 plug and cable for this unit with free shipping.

$155 with free shipping.

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/J-Plug-J1772-40-Amp-Plug-Cable-Assembly-JPC40A.htm

TonyWilliams said:
We would like to support Glenn with his work, so we will supply our super flexible and lightweight 40 amp J1772 plug and cable for this unit with free shipping.

$155 with free shipping.

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/J-Plug-J1772-40-Amp-Plug-Cable-Assembly-JPC40A.htm

That is really a good deal. As a small company Quick Charge has no problem to drop ship cables to me. I have received a bunch. The cable is really small and flexible. I have also received a 40A cable from tusoinev. It is much larger and is optimized for fixed use. With free shipping Tony's is a no brainier. With equal specs I will always go with small. Russ claims UL approved but the Ground is too small when the conductors are doubled. Tony does not claim UL approved.

I have been using a 20Ft cable from Tony for several months with no problem.

The market for a 40A cable is very limited so you buy the cable. That said, the Quick Charge cable is smaller than the usual 30A cable. The 40A spec is the max. It will work fine at 32A.

Back