2013 Rav4 EV 113k mi Coolant Mani Deleted $10k or $7,500 w/Tax Credit

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTan

Photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IA4yf9zT0awd403yXEgTvtgNRv0gzMeZ

Car is set up with Keysavvy so it can be had for $7,500 through the federal EV tax credit (Including UT sales tax). $10,000 if without tax credit, as that would be a private sale where I won't charge sales tax.

Range is just over 100 mi during spring & fall (no heat or AC). The LDU coolant manifold has been deleted (cut and welded manifold, not QCC).

I am selling due to the high expense of my car payment plus full coverage insurance since I no longer commute nearly 100 miles per day for work. It isn't worth it to keep it any more under these circumstances. So, I'm selling it to somebody to whom it makes much more sense to own it.

Everything works great. Interior has some light stains but decent. Exterior has some dents and dings, some white paint peeling in roof rack rails and two small paint chips on rear quarter panel. The EV/Electric decals are removed from the sides of the vehicle to make it less conspicuous. The windshield is in good condition, no cracks or chips.

The tires are in great shape and have at least half tread remaining. Car is ready for winter, has winter tires installed.

Includes original Toyota 120V J1772 charger,.

A 30% up to $4k EV Federal Tax Credit is available, i.e., through KeySavvy. I have not used keysavvy before, but they make private party sales with tax credit possible, and they are BBB accredited. If you have other similar services in mind for a tax credit, please let me know.

www.keysavvy.com/pay/toyota-cjvpsa

Last edited:
One thing I hated when shopping for a used Bolt for my friend is that the prices advertised were "with federal tax credit", and he doesn't qualify. Made shopping a real chore, wading through all the ad text, and then reaching to ask, "is this with or without rebate A, B, and C?".

How much are you really asking for your car? Let me do the rebate math. For example, I live in a state witch offers significant further incentives and rebates for buying a used EV, even an out-of-state one. Use Tax is exempt, for example, which was over $500 for me when I recently bought an out-of-state EV.

Take pictures. Anybody who's interested will only remain interested after seeing pics. Let's see those light stains and peeling paint, and also how it looks with the external EV markers removed.

I'm working on photos. I recently migrated my photos to SD, so digging through to find them.
I'll update the ad with pricing breakdown. I need to be able to pay off my loan, almost exactly $10,000. I bought in 2022, when prices were sky high and I was driving my truck 100mi/day for work. The dealership wanted over 16k for it but it had a failing LDU, so I got it for several thousand less... then I rebuilt LDU, drove it a few k miles, then learned of the coolant delete. So I went ahead and did that myself.

Edit: all my photos are too large to upload and I don't have time to go find the size limitations or re-size all my photos.
They have been uploaded to Google drive. Please use link at the top of first post.

Last edited:
I'm working on photos. I recently migrated my photos to SD, so digging through to find them.
I'll update the ad with pricing breakdown. I need to be able to pay off my loan, almost exactly $10,000. I bought in 2022, when prices were sky high and I was driving my truck 100mi/day for work. The dealership wanted over 16k for it but it had a failing LDU, so I got it for several thousand less... then I rebuilt LDU, drove it a few k miles, then learned of the coolant delete. So I went ahead and did that myself.

I'm trying to help. Regardless of your investment (how much you "need"), you have to think like a buyer, and present info that entices the buyer in to the deal they want.

Edit: all my photos are too large to upload and I don't have time to go find the size limitations or re-size all my photos.
Anyone interested please reach out and I'll share them via Google drive instead.
This reads to me as, "I want to sell my car, but I don't want to put in any more effort than typing a couple of paragraphs". Selling cars is work, unless you price them to avoid the work -- you can easily sell dirty cars, if they're deeply discounted. I hope you will wash and vacuum it before presenting it. GLWTS.

I'm trying to help. Regardless of your investment (how much you "need"), you have to think like a buyer, and present info that entices the buyer in to the deal they want.

This reads to me as, "I want to sell my car, but I don't want to put in any more effort than typing a couple of paragraphs". Selling cars is work, unless you price them to avoid the work -- you can easily sell dirty cars, if they're deeply discounted. I hope you will wash and vacuum it before presenting

This reads to me as, "I want to sell my car, but I don't want to put in any more effort than typing a couple of paragraphs". Selling cars is work, unless you price them to avoid the work -- you can easily sell dirty cars, if they're deeply discounted. I hope you will wash and vacuum it before presenting it. GLWTS.
I appreciate your input, but I do not appreciate being patronized. If this medium is not suitable to post photos, I simply will not use it to sell my vehicle. It appears that is the case. I do not need to entice someone to buy my Rav4 EV. People seem to either specifically want one, or not. Functionally, this car is good to go.
Aesthetically, it is acceptable (in fact, the flaws I noted are hardly noticeable at all).
If someone is interested, I will gladly use a medium that works, to convey photos. Google drive works for me, this forum does not (apparently).

Back