Window Tint

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LabDad

I wanted to know if anyone tinted just their front windows to match the rest of the rear privacy glass. If so, what did you use.

Thanks

I had a tint shop installed Llumar 30% to all the windows behind the windshield. That made the factory tinted windows darker as I thought they were too light for my taste. This also made the front two side windows darker but not limo dark and a bit lighter than the rear windows.

I had 30% installed to the driver & passenger windows and limo to the rear glass. It is pretty dark in the back and if I had to do again would have gone lighter than limo. Pepper the dog sure likes the back tint with the morning drives though when the sun would be coming in the windows. with the windows rolled up it's like a cave in the back. I can have it stripped off and lighter installed but for the time being I am leaving it the way it is...

Can the two of you post pics of the tinting? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and seeing a prototype would be great.

tjka4231 said:
I'll take some pictures by tomorrow. The darker windows with the Shoreline Blue looks nice.

Please do! I'd like to see what my car would look like.

Thanks for the examples. Both look great! I don't think I will go as dark as limo tint. The 30% looks great with the blue.

I wish I can pull off the tints like you guys.

In the South Bay, I hate driving through Fremont area. The cops try to get you on everything. Red light cameras everywhere. Cops stopping cars for front plates missing and front windows tints. I even heard of the top for the windshield tint too low by just a few inches get ticketed too.

dipper said:
I wish I can pull off the tints like you guys.

In the South Bay, I hate driving through Fremont area. The cops try to get you on everything. Red light cameras everywhere. Cops stopping cars for front plates missing and front windows tints. I even heard of the top for the windshield tint too low by just a few inches get ticketed too.

Sounds like a very financially motivated initiative. "Our city is running out of money, pull over everyone and look for a reason to give them a ticket. Everyone is guilty of something!"

Please don't tint your driver or front passenger side windows too dark. As a cyclist, I have to see your eyes when you pull out of a driveway or side street to know that you see me. If I can't see you, then I have to assume that you don't see me. I have a light reflective film on my truck that reflects 50% of the heat and you can still see my eyes. It's still illegal but it's not noticeable. I've never had trouble in Fremont.

Don't tint your drivers or passengers front windows at all! It's illegal. We got 2 tickets. One in the Bay area and one in Sacramento. After we removed it, we had to take it in to the police station for visual inspection before they let us pay the smaller fine. :cry:

lgordon said:
Don't tint your drivers or passengers front windows at all! It's illegal. We got 2 tickets. One in the Bay area and one in Sacramento. After we removed it, we had to take it in to the police station for visual inspection before they let us pay the smaller fine. :cry:

Everyone knows it's Illegal.
Even the tint shop will tell you it is.
But a lot of people want to roll the dice, let them.

As for me, i cant deal with the hassle of tinting and then removing the tint, and then looking for CHP to verify that the " FIX IT" ticket issued has been corrected.

Some will argue the fines are loose change, but my hourly pay is not.

Back