What is my RAV4EV worth now?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVster

2014 RAV4EV Shoreline Blue 107k miles. Needs replacement / rebuild on drive unit. Light body damage on rear passenger door. Otherwise just some dings & light scratches. Car can be driven like 1mph. GOM says 93miles on a good day (with climate control on eco high) and without extended range selected. Unfortunately, I was never aware of any platinum warranty.

It's going to be approx $7000 to rebuild drive unit & install coolant delete at QC Charge.

I love my RAV4EV but it's been 10 years and feeling gun-shy about something else going wrong when I get it back, like the contactors, charging fuse or heater, which are all original. I could be easily convinced to move on and get a new EV - there are so many great deals available now...

Recent posts are on this site with offers for working RAV4EV's with less mileage at only $7k.

Should I do the work or just sell for parts?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

It greatly depends on how well it meets your needs. If a car with 65-90mi range will serve your needs for the next 5 years, and you really like it, then maybe it would be worth it. You certainly would never get the money you invest in it now out of it any other way but driving it.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation. 100k miles, about 95 miles on gom. I did have the motor and battery replaced by Toyota at 50k though. I've looked at selling and 7-8k is about right. It's worth more to me on the road than it is in cash. I'm hoping it holds together one more year - until the anticipated 2025 Tesla Y refresh.
I kind of wish I had sold this spring when the big Model Y discounts were happening. If my rav4ev died tomorrow I would have to buy a new car immediately as it's my daily driver. It's much better having time to wait until a good deal comes along than forced to buy under duress.

Back