Updates?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What types of updates are you talking about?

software/system updates?
Feature Updates from ICE to EV?
EV Model Year feature updates?

So i was at the dealer *today* for another reason and i asked about updates for the "AVN" (thats the media console in the car).

And... I got one. I dont know how to get the version number or history of update in the car though, so if anyone knows how to figure that out let me know please and i'll post the results. I had noticed various fairly flakey things about the media device (like it resetting and turning sound off randomly) and mentioned that and that i thought there was an update around for it. Turns out, there was.

I had received my vehicle on May 12th (the dealer received it on May 10th), and its a 2013 model, so i think the update must be *fairly new*.

I had also heard that there was an update to "the Tesla system", asked about it but was told by the person at the dealer that there was something coming but Toyota hadnt released media to the dealers yet. I *believe* this update has something to do with the charge timer problem described elsewhere, but of course i dont have it yet so i cant test it.

^^^
I wonder if the trick to get to hidden menus on Priuses w/LCDs works on the Rav4 EV.

Can you try these steps?
- Without brake pedal, press the Power button once and release to enter ACC mode
- Press and hold the MFD Info button, then turn the headlights on and off three times to enter Maintenance mode; release Info button
This is from http://priuschat.com/threads/weird-stuff-happening-mpgs-dropping-test-the-battery.73400/. I recall this has worked on newer Priuses w/LCDs. It works fine on my 06 (Gen 2) Prius. Gen 3 is model year 2010+.

Since I don't believe you have an info hardware button, maybe try holding down the home button or DISP button instead?

If you ever want to muck w/this on a Prius w/HIDs (optional on 04-09 Priuses), you can toggle back/forth between off and the parking light position, instead of off and headlights on. That'll prevent putting needless cycles on the HIDs.

On your Center Console home screen, go to "Settings", scroll down and select "Software Update".

According to "Sport Mode", another forum member here, the latest RAV4 EV software update, which he got about a week ago, is called, "VB503150" and "21.210" for the Navigation and Bluetooth systems respectively. It was loaded by his dealer via the USB port and will supposedly be released to ALL dealers in the next couple of weeks.

Sport Mode claims this "greatly improves" the schedule charging functionality in his car, but according to what he posted, there still seems to be a few bugs related to charge interruptions.

Back