True Power Meter Home Energy Monitor On Sale

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

http://efergy.com/us/products/elitetpms-monitor/

This monitor display is very accurate because it does power factor correction. I have one of these to monitor my PV Solar Array's output power in real time and eliminate false power readings which occur when the array goes dark (stops generating power after sunset). It could also be used to monitor a EVSE L2 Home Charging Station quite easily. It has a signal range of up to 70 meters, more than adequate for most home monitoring applications. This is the lowest price I have ever seen advertised. I paid $145.

I always wanted to get an energy monitor, especially now with my RAV4 EV to see real-time energy consumption. My solar company wanted to charge around $1000 to install an energy consumption sensor. This product is better and cheaper than what the solar company was selling. I just ordered one. Thanks.

Your quite welcome. Mine works quite well and it provides very accurate measurement of "true" AC power consumption. You can use it to measure either your solar energy system output or EVSE. I just ordered a second unit so I can do both.

Just as a follow up to this topic, on a somewhat related subject, I was just informed by PG&E (N. CA PUC) that their HAN (Home Area and Business Network) for AC power monitoring now supports residential solar customers with NEM Smart Meters. I have been waiting for this support for the past several months after purchasing a RainForest Eagle internet connected monitoring device. This device acts as an Internet gateway for collecting and storing data from my smart meter that can be used to monitor all of my electric power consumption. You must first register your device with PG&E before the meter will be enabled for this purpose.

The Eagle device provides a "near" real time display of that meter's power measurement and accumulated energy readouts via a Zigbee communications channel. The Eagle device can be installed inside the home, up to 75 feet away from the meter, where is connected to an Internet Router or DSL Gateway. You can log into it via a PC or laptop over your local LAN, or remotely via a mobile phone. The device provides the data collected from the meter over time to a 3rd party web server in the cloud called Bidgely for home energy monitoring.

With the Efergy True Power Meter mentioned previously in this thread, I now have an independent means to check the accuracy of my PG&E Smart Meter, as well as to accurately measure the output of my solar system. With everything in the house turned off at the breaker box, the Smart Meter should agree with my Enphase Enlighten monitoring system as to the how much output power I am getting from the solar system at any given time. I can also hook up the Efergy TPM to my Leviton EV Charging Station for a fairly accurate reading of that.

I should have my NEM Smart Meter Eagle device remote monitoring capability up and running by sometime next week and will post an update here should anybody be interested in hearing about the results.

According to George Flammer at Silver Spring Network at the IoT workshop several weeks ago, PG&E smart meter online data will be provided to home owner with smart meter on a per circuit load information and make "guessimation" of what the device of the circuit is. This feature has not been announced and is under beta test. I've requested to be a beta test site since I have a large PV array with battery backup. However, George said Silver Spring does not want non-SilverSpring and non-PG&E people involved for beta test :-(

waidy said:
According to George Flammer at Silver Spring Network at the IoT workshop several weeks ago, PG&E smart meter online data will be provided to home owner with smart meter on a per circuit load information and make "guessimation" of what the device of the circuit is. This feature has not been announced and is under beta test.
This is the same feature supposedly available from Bidgely, but unfortunately, not yet available specifically for solar customers.

Last Friday, I was informed by PG&E that I need to have my NEMS meter swapped out (free of charge), so that it can be enabled to support the Zigbee radio transmissions for sending HAN energy data out to a 3rd party device like my Rainforest Eagle. In the meantime, Bidgely already supports PG&E's free "Green Button" data hosting service which provides home energy consumption to Bidgely so that info such as this can be reported:

https://www.bidgely.com/demo

Back