Sacramento - California Auto Museum group meet-up March 2nd

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmer_md

I've had this posted in the Leaf forum for quite some time, and I forgot to also mention it here. I know there are several people who purchased cars near Sacramento (in Folsom), but how many were local residents? I think many of them were taken out of state. Anyhow, if anyone is in Sacramento this weekend and wants to join us to get a museum tour, you are welcome to come. It is a very nice museum with lots of old Ford's. They also have a small collection of EV's (about 6-8). Were meeting at 10am in the parking lot to get a group photo of all the EV's. People are coming from the Leaf forum, Tesla forum and the DIY EV forum. Should be an interesting mix of cars in the parking lot as well as the museum.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11450

We all had a good time. Lots of talking in the parking lot before going in. The Model S Performance edition was the one that garnered the most attention. We also had two roadsters, a Focus EV and 6 or 7 Leafs.

Inside, we got a fantastic tour with our docent Neil. He really knows his vehicle history, and he did a great job relating it to the EV enthusiast. He showed us the 1912 Cadillac that spelled the end of the road for the original EV movement in the early days of the automobile. This was the first car with a delco starter, so you did not have to use the crank to start it yourself. He got to really show of the baker electric that they have, and the EV1 and the other newer EV's they have. Really cool to see these cars.

After-party at Pyramid alehouse was a hit.

20130302-212229.jpg

20130302-212334.jpg

20130302-212424.jpg

Back