Range on RAV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one shows two separate extended charges to my RAV4 over the last two nights and morning. They are almost characteristically identical in terms of the overall durations. In both cases the start time was too early (prior to midnight) and the end time too late (after 7am).

https://www.enerati.com/Electricity/ConfigDashboard.aspx?param1=NzM0&param2=NTU0&param3=ODAwMDAxMDAxMDAwNDAwMjkwMDAwMDAyMDAwMjAwMDA=

I hope Toyota (Tesla?) comes up with a fix soon!

SeaMonster, anything new to report?

My first "new vehicle" range test is complete. :)
I am very satisfied. The 2 day trip went like this...

Day 1: Charged to full extended charge. 144 on GOM, 52 degrees outside, some rain with some dry pavement and a 15 knot tail wind, no climate control, only seat heater/wipers on......... 57miles @ 3.9 miles/Kwh on backroads at 35-55 mph. Elevation downhill 375 ft.

Day 2: Parked outside overnight, battery cooled to 48 degrees. Some rain and some dry pavement with 5-10 knot head wind. No climate control, only seat heater/brief defog. Same route 57miles @ 3.1 miles/Kwh. Elevation gain 375 ft.

Totals: 114 miles @ 3.5 miles/Kwh overall. 30% charge left, 30 miles on the GOM when arrived at home.

Maybe the Rav4 EV GOM should be called EGOM, educated guess O meter. :?: Anyway the trip is a great baseline "best I can do" run. I'll try the freeway next time. Hopefully it will be a little warmer and drier outside.

Yes, I suspect the "GoM" is more accurate at predicting range than some of us give it credit for. It correlates quite well with miles driven per kWh when you stick to the same route and average everything out, e.g. in doug401's case, 3.5mi/kWh * 41.8kWh = 146 miles, which is very close in range to what he actually got! :mrgreen:

Back