How far does the turtle go?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3ckf

I experienced "turtle mode" for the first time last night. I *expected* to run out of charge before i got home using it, but I didn't. So i'm interested in what people's experiences with it are.

I had heard that you got at most a quarter-to-half mile out of the Turtle before you died.

However i got 0.8 miles at about 35mph (some of it uphill) last night. (expecting the car to stop at any moment along the way). I didnt notice anything different about it (but i was on a 2lane road where 35-40 was a "reasonable" speed so i wasnt actually trying to go any faster. I had dropped down to 30-35 a few miles earlier when i realized i was likely to run out of power before i got to the house. I wanted to get as close as possible :)

How long have other people been in turtle mode successfully?

Also is there a technical spec for the turtle that anyone knows (like an exact state of charge it engages at)?

I'm confident the threshold of when the car stops is the same as the Nissan LEAF; when the lowest cell voltage hits the threshold, then the car stops.

That also means that the lowest cell voltage "mileage" is an unknown, because it will change between turtle events, or even daily.

Back