Clazzio leather seat cover install

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the rear seats with the headrests done. Overall, I am very satisfied.

The center arm rest was pretty easy. One part slides up from the bottom, other comes down from the top.

Seats folded down:

It slides up from the bottom. There is a plastic piece on the side you can remove to make it easier, than put it back on after.

What you ordered may be different than mine. I got the 2012 base seats, you got the 2011, I am not sure if there was a change.

I let the seats sit in the hot sun for a bit so there were easier to maneuver.

@Bski

Your seats look fantastic! I'm envious. I just ordered a set for my Highlander (i know, but its a hybrid at least), thanks to you and Cossie for the heads up.

So you put the seat covers in the sun so they would expand? Also, did the covers go on fairly easy or did you have to redo several times? I just hope I don't damage them. My boys said they would help me, so I guess will try to make it a fun weekend project.

Thx in advance.

They are not that bad, but you will definitely sweat in the car as you pull the leather straight. I have them in my Prius rav4 and 370z and nissan cube

Yes they made custom covers for the rear headrests, which are perfect.

If its not hot enough, toss em in the dryer for a min or so just to make them more pliable.

All mine went on the first time, didn't have to remove them. I did rip one strap pulling too hard, so I had to sew it back on.

I would say to do all the seats was about 4 hours or so, but I really took my time.

I wasn't thrilled with them when I first put them on, but they are breaking in really nice and are getting more comfortable and the seat heaters seem to kick in faster than when I first put them on.

I put the piece under the center armrest on. I think the trick is to do it with the seats tilted half way down. The vendor has ignored me completely about swapping the headrest for maybe the 2012 set, so I might have to call Clazzio directly to see how much it would cost me. One more question, do you know if only the side ones have to be specially made. I am thinking the center one might fit, but it is very tight as the OEM seats aren't leather on the regular RAV4.

I am at 2500 miles, just restretched everything. It's looking very nice.

I am not sure. I dropped off a side rear headrest to them to make the covers.

When I ordered my set, the box came with no rear covers at all (they removed them as they were working on mine). When they were finished, the were kind enough to ship me to rear covers and my rear headrest.

BSki,

I spoke to the guys at Clazzio. I guess we were the first two to get the kit onto the car. By using the rear headrest you provided, they were able to take back my original one and exchange it for the EV ones free of charge. I got one of the three in, but boy they are hard to do because the leather grips too hard

Yea, they were tough to put on. I put them in the sun and warm they are a lot more pliable. But once on, they look better then the fronts. Much tighter fit.

Glad to hear they exchanged them for you.

Back