Bluetooth and audio behavior

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dianne

OK - I am a tad frustrated with the audio system and wonder if anyone's found a solution.
Anyone who's been in to see me for their car(s) knows I have 2 cell phones.
One's an iPhone 4S, the other an iPhone 5. I also wear a Plantronics Voyager Legend because it pairs with both phones at once.
When I get into the car, the 4S is paired to the car (and the headset sometimes too).

I can pause the audio (ie streaming from my itunes) on the steering wheel but as soon as a phone call ends, the $&^* thing starts playing music again. In my world, sometimes I have a call on the iPhone 5 in the Plantronics headset + another on iPhone 4S on the car's bluetooth, and it's aggravating to have the music blast again after I complete the 4S call... after I paused it.

Is the only work around for this just turning the audio off and on all the time?

Diane - Automatically resuming after a call is not the only annoying behavior when the RAV4 EV is paired to an iPhone. When you start the car in Bluetooth audio mode it will not always resume the last app that was streaming to it. For example, if I was using the Podcasts app for playback when the car was shut down, but I have done many other things on my phone in the meantime, it will frequently start playing music from the Music app after starting the car. It has some logic for what track it plays, because it's always the same one, but it's not the most recently played playlist either. I regularly use the Music app (iTunes music stored on the phone), the Podcasts app, and Pandora on the phone.

I do mute it. It pops right back on after the next call willy nilly... that's what hacks me off! ;)
I think the itunes tells the audio what track it was last playing and it starts the whole song over, but it isn't always going to return to what was last playing. I listen to lots of audiobooks via Auduble and sometimes, it starts my book for me where I left off... but for some reason, it sometimes starts music from iTunes.

I have resigned myself to simply turning off the audio when my phone's blowing up (with calls)!

Dianne

Back