Additional quick chargers coming to the California Bay Area

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fromport

NEDO asks Nissan and Kanematsu to analyze EV use in California
151021-02-03.gif

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2015/_STORY/151021-02-e.html

With the new NRG installations in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Salinas and Gilroy, I feel they have functionally covered the southern part of the blue corridors on the map above. However, we definitely need stations on 80 and 50 to make the climb up the Sierras. I hope those will be forthcoming soon.

What is glaringly missing from that map is the complete lack of DCFC along I-5. According to Plugshare, there are none on I-5 from the level of Merced to Sacramento. In fact, I cannot find any along I-5 from LA to Sacramento. Some of us live south of the Bay Area, and I-5 is much more convenient than CA-99 or US-101.

Michael Bornstein said:
What is glaringly missing from that map is the complete lack of DCFC along I-5. According to Plugshare, there are none on I-5 from the level of Merced to Sacramento. In fact, I cannot find any along I-5 from LA to Sacramento. Some of us live south of the Bay Area, and I-5 is much more convenient than CA-99 or US-101.

And even on the CA-99 some of the ChadeMo chargers are on dealership's that close after sales is closed.
So you can't travel at night with an EV along the 99 at the moment.
I hope that changes fast

Michael Bornstein said:

For what it is worth, the California Energy Commission has already funded DCFCs along I5 between Bakersfield and Tracy along I5 in awards from their 2013 solicitation. The sites are shown on p. 13 of this presentation: http://www.energy.ca.gov/2014-ALT-01/documents/2015-02-12_workshop/presentations/Program_Status_Update.pdf

I believe that the I5 ones were awarded to the US Green Vehicle Council and Cleantech Institute and they were supposed to have been completed last summer.

Back