Entune charge start email notification

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agleung

Am I the only one that receive email notifications for charge interruption, charge completion, charge failure and remind to plug in but NOT charge start? I have all 5 options checked on my account setting in www.myentunes.com but I have never EVER received a charge start notification since I toggled on the option some 6 months ago. I finally broke down and called 800 331-4331 and got a ticket filed so the tech team will look into it after waiting on the phone for 1 hour. They should get back to me next Wednesday (Monday is holiday). I am going to ask them to reset my entune account if necessary.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to resolve this without going through entune support?

agleung said:
Am I the only one that receive email notifications for charge interruption, charge completion, charge failure and remind to plug in but NOT charge start? I have all 5 options checked on my account setting in http://www.myentunes.com but I have never EVER received a charge start notification since I toggled on the option some 6 months ago. I finally broke down and called 800 331-4331 and got a ticket filed so the tech team will look into it after waiting on the phone for 1 hour. They should get back to me next Wednesday (Monday is holiday). I am going to ask them to reset my entune account if necessary.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to resolve this without going through entune support?

The only time you will get the 'charging started' mail is when the car is on a timer.
It will _never_ do this while on "charge direct" mode.

I spoke to Toyota about that.
I reasoned the description:

[ ]Charge Start
Select this option if you would like a notification when your vehicle has successfully begun charging

It does not mention anything about a timer.

So I suggested they should add this to the my entunes website.

Their response was:
The logics for the notification only being available through the timer mode is that for the instant recharging, someone is connecting the cable to the vehicle for instant charging….the user then should see the charging indicator coming on…..so the notification for instant charging is kind of redundant….

So I countered with

My situation also makes sense:
If my wife plugs in the car, or my evse uses the timer (not the car timer!!!) ,
I would want to know what time it started charging.
Hence a notification would be appreciated.

Maybe there should be 2 start options

A general "start charging"
and a "start charging on timer"
you could enable

Percy from Toyota would forward that to "the right group" within Toyota.
Why do I feel cynical about ever receiving a response to that ;-)

The bummer for me is that the unplugged notification doesn't recognize that my Blink is plugged in, but waiting for it's timer. So I get an unplugged notification.

davewill said:
The bummer for me is that the unplugged notification doesn't recognize that my Blink is plugged in, but waiting for it's timer. So I get an unplugged notification.

That is _probably_ a buggy implementation of the signalling on the Blink.
Can't blame toyota/tesla for that ;-)

I have absolutely no problems with the openevse btw

When you request a Charge Start in the app, you will get TWO Charge Start notification e-mails. I'd like to see them explain the logic in that...

fromport said:
That is _probably_ a buggy implementation of the signalling on the Blink.
Can't blame toyota/tesla for that ;-)

I have absolutely no problems with the openevse btw
Perhaps, but the proximity signal isn't dependent on the Blink, it's built into the Yazaki handle (I had to replace the Blink handle). The car should see that the plug is in regardless of how the Blink sets the pilot... besides I don't think there's any standard for how the pilot should be set when on a timer.

Good to know that the unplugged notification works with the OpenEVSE though, in case the Blink finally croaks.

fromport said:
agleung said:
Am I the only one that receive email notifications for charge interruption, charge completion, charge failure and remind to plug in but NOT charge start? I have all 5 options checked on my account setting in http://www.myentunes.com but I have never EVER received a charge start notification since I toggled on the option some 6 months ago. I finally broke down and called 800 331-4331 and got a ticket filed so the tech team will look into it after waiting on the phone for 1 hour. They should get back to me next Wednesday (Monday is holiday). I am going to ask them to reset my entune account if necessary.

The only time you will get the 'charging started' mail is when the car is on a timer.
It will _never_ do this while on "charge direct" mode.

I spoke to Toyota about that.
I reasoned the description:

[ ]Charge Start
Select this option if you would like a notification when your vehicle has successfully begun charging

It does not mention anything about a timer.

So I suggested they should add this to the my entunes website.

Their response was:
The logics for the notification only being available through the timer mode is that for the instant recharging, someone is connecting the cable to the vehicle for instant charging….the user then should see the charging indicator coming on…..so the notification for instant charging is kind of redundant….

So I countered with

My situation also makes sense:
If my wife plugs in the car, or my evse uses the timer (not the car timer!!!) ,
I would want to know what time it started charging.
Hence a notification would be appreciated.

Maybe there should be 2 start options

A general "start charging"
and a "start charging on timer"
you could enable

Percy from Toyota would forward that to "the right group" within Toyota.
Why do I feel cynical about ever receiving a response to that ;-)

I got a response last Friday 9/11/15 from Percy Chan at Entunes who told me the same. I can confirm that charge start notification email did finally show up when on timer start charge mode.

Now I have a dilemma. From time to time, I get a plug swap by someone else while parked at work. If on auto start charge mode, I will get a disconnect notification and no restart charge notification. If on timer start charge mode, I cannot program enough start charge times (3 per day is max) to ensure that the car will start charging automatically when plugged in again by someone else.

Unless Entunes can change the start charge notification behavior (not timer mode only), I may have to write an app with automatic interval server pinging that will show whether the car is charging.

Back