EVgone?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarDaveGreen

Hi JdeMO owners, have you been able to charge at ANY EVgo Chademo station since around mid-September 2022?

I can still charge at Electrify America CHAdeMO chargers, sometimes (not every time), but I cannot seem to get any EVgo CHAdeMo charger to actually charge. They all do the same thing:

1. Recognize the car and the state of charge
2. Light the light in the Nozzle
3. Blink the green LED on the JdeMO button one time
4. Stop charging with no error, saying "Charge Complete"

Is anyone else having the same experience? These chargers all worked very reliably until a September Charger software upgrade, evidenced by a new UI and visuals on the charger display..

David

We have had the same problem mentioned in this thread with at least the EVGO charger that is located in San Luis Obispo, CA in the Marigold shopping center. (It's the only DC fast charger in all of SLO.) The charger used to work properly until recently when some sort of firmware update was done. Now the charger starts and then stops immediately with JDEMO. Many of the EA chargers also exhibit the same behavior as well. I have to mention that a similar thing happened on some of the EA chargers (Paso Robles & Pismo Beach) that originally worked with the JDEMO when first installed, but after a firmware change on those EA chargers the chargers stop and then start immediately.

I messaged Tony Williams of Quick Charge Power and he is aware of the problem, but I'm not sure on how quickly he plans on resolving it. I would hope it would be soon as I use many of the EVGO chargers on trips out of the area.

Back