Rav4 EV Diagnostics tool

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenpowergrenada

Hey guys, im new here. I recently got the dreaded "Check EV System" message and my car wont go into Ready. When i press start, i hear the contactors click and "Ready" is blinking on the instrument cluster. Does anyone on this forum sell a diagnostic tool for this car? I would like to get an idea of the problem before i start tearing this car apart. Thank You

Interesting how many of these are failing right now.
Mine went two weeks ago....

The normal OBDII scan is a good place to start!

I understand that the full diagnostic tool is $8000.
If you go to the Toyota dealership they will charge you $250 for the comprehensive scan.

Since I'm on the east coast, its taking weeks for my dealership to "rent" this tool, and I'm still waiting.

Start with the OBD2 scan, those are way cheaper and may get you the info that you need.

Best wishes,
-Alex

Alex 2013 rav said:
Interesting how many of these are failing right now.
Mine went two weeks ago....

The normal OBDII scan is a good place to start!

I understand that the full diagnostic tool is $8000.
If you go to the Toyota dealership they will charge you $250 for the comprehensive scan.

Since I'm on the east coast, its taking weeks for my dealership to "rent" this tool, and I'm still waiting.

Start with the OBD2 scan, those are way cheaper and may get you the info that you need.

Best wishes,
-Alex
1. For remote troubleshooting of Tesla systems, you can contact to https://alflash.com.ua/service/rav4ev-precheck-customize-list-2/

2. OBD-II scanners are absolutely useless for troubleshooting in tesla systems. For reference,
p312f.png

3. For example, take a look
https://youtu.be/uesgCYBINgg

To elaborate on what Vlad posted: if there is a problem on the Tesla side of things (which is by far the most common culprit), the only information you'll get with a typical OBDII scanner is a P312F error code, which simply means that the malfunction indicator light (MIL) has been turned on (e.g. "Check EV System" is displayed in the instrument cluster).

The Tesla Powertrain software, connected to the diagnostics connector by the gateway module located in the left rear cargo area, is needed to read the Tesla specific faults.

greenpowergrenada said:
Hey guys, im new here. I recently got the dreaded "Check EV System" message and my car wont go into Ready. When i press start, i hear the contactors click and "Ready" is blinking on the instrument cluster. Does anyone on this forum sell a diagnostic tool for this car? I would like to get an idea of the problem before i start tearing this car apart. Thank You

Did you find a solution?

... if you still need help resetting the "check ev" codes.
1. If there is no longer a malfunction in the Tesla system, then this "Check EV System ..." message and Toyota DTC P312F (inf. 448) can be easily erased using the standard Toyota procedure shown at 10 seconds of this video:
https://youtu.be/TaN7g-7cxBM
2. The same result can be obtained by disconnecting the negative terminal of the 12V battery for 3÷5 minutes.
3. Note. But if there is still a malfunction in the Tesla system, then this message will appear again.
4. In addition, there is another code (screenshot) that can only be cleaned with the help of the Tesla diagnostic program for RAV4EV*:
bms_w023s.png

2023.png

Back