Mileage question

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shade

So I want to go to Los Alamos from Santa Barbara and back. If I take hwy 154 I climb 2000 feet, then drop down to valley. I'd have to do the same heading back. Total miles 102 according to Google. Or, I can stick to the hwy 101 and go around through Gaviota. 114 miles round trip, but a minimal climb. I've never done better than 125 miles on an extended charge, so 114 sounds like it is cutting it close. Not sure how the climb will hit the battery though. No chargers in Los Alamos.

Advice?

Buellton City hall has a couple Chargepoint L2. You could take a leisurely lunch there if needed.

I would take the shorter route with a slower speed than you would otherwise drive on 101.

Resist the urge to slow and accelerate out of corners. If you think you can't do that, then just take 101 at 55mph with the cruise control on.

Easy trip. 55mph is critical. 58mph will be ok if you find a truck and pace behind him. Don't "draft" (getting too close to the back of the truck)... it's dumb and dangerous.

Let us know how it went.

Back