Wrecked my beloved RAV4EV tonight

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspearman

Had an idiot in a merge lane try to cut in front of me and slammed into my side, then stopped abruptly in middle of highway and caused a 7-car pileup like an old scene from CHiPs. Tore up front right quarter panel, front bumper, rear bumper, and rear door. No airbag deployment. Lady behind us rolled her VW Tiguan and was taken to hospital. Drove it home, and seems to drive okay.

Any ideas how hard it will be to secure new front bumper? Would imagine that’s a pretty rare item.

State Farm sent me to a shop and the estimate is $5,600. Rear door trim was damaged, but door is okay. They didn’t notice it had dented the AC condenser, so that will drive up the cost some. Charges fine, drives fine. I’m guessing it knocked it out of alignment, too, but I’m not driving it anywhere significant until I get it back. Drop it off on Tuesday at the body shop.

I had something similar but less damaging

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2009

i think my total cost was like 12,000 i took it to a toyota dealership to get it repaired and i had statefarm. the wiring harness got a little damaged and it was fully replaced it was i think 5k something. if you get it for less than that with more damage than what i had i'd be surprised! i drove it a few days charged fine electrics all good.

Back