Sell RAV4 EV /w some Ext Warranty left or After Ext Expires?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

I am trying to think ahead and I am wondering if it would be better to sell the RAV4 EV with some Ext Warranty left to it or wait till the Ext Warranty runs out then try to sell the RAV4 EV? What do you all think would be the best route to take? There really isn't anything better than the Rav4 EV yet, I mean there seem to be other SUVs coming out and all, but I feel that they are about the same as the RAV4 EV though with more whistles. I'm looking for a size upgrade mainly instead of just bells and whistles. Like an electric truck would be nice.

Depends on where you sell it, I suppose. A dealer wouldn't care about the warranty, but a private party might.

I'm in a similar boat, pondering the same decision. I'm really wanting to get one of the new 200+ mile SUVs on the horizon. That extra bit of range would make trips into the mountains a whole lot easier. I still have to rent a car when we go deep into the Sierras or whatever.

Right now, my plan is to sell before the warranty runs out. It is more about reliability for me. I simply don't want to risk something expensive going wrong and getting stuck with the bill.

geo said:
Right now, my plan is to sell before the warranty runs out. It is more about reliability for me. I simply don't want to risk something expensive going wrong and getting stuck with the bill.

+1 - that's my plan too.

I just sold before the extended warranty ran out. Paid about $1800 for an 8yr/80,000mi Toyota warranty, which has just over 2 years and 50,000 miles remaining. Assuming the warranty transfer process goes smoothly, the new owner should hopefully have some peace of mind.

Jscifres, how much did you sell it for? I'm thinking about getting a Tesla Model X and have a 2014 RAV4 EV with 20,000 miles and an extended warranty that expires 6/19/2022 and 75,000 miles.

Back