high beam lights have a yellow glow?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Hello

I noticed the high beams have a yellow glow unlike the regular lights why is that? Are they not leds? If not then can they be upgraded?

Those LED to not fit to the RAV4 EV because the EV has an extra cover for the bulb compartement and there is not enogh space for the cooling part!
But the lights are fantastic (I fixed them on a Land Cruiser).

Thanks for pointing that out - I assumed the EV would be identical to the gas version, but I didn't looked under the hood to confirm.

I ordered this LED light:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/2X-9005-H10-HB3-LED-Headlight-Kit-Bulbs-6000K-60W-6400LM-White-Lamp-Auto-Truck/263289427898?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I will tell you if it fits!
ETA: up to May 8th !?

Great thanks for the reply. So halogen instead of led i thought it was strange that the glow was different. I will have to look into upgrading them! Did you see a big difference in lighting after installing the leds? Also the other lights don't fit in due to the cooling part? It is just too large?

I got the bulbs from China, they fit under the cover.
They are a bit brighter but scramble my FM-Radio.
I first bought fan cooled bulbs and fixed them in my Land Cruiser- they are much brighter (but do not fit in my RAV4)

Update:

Driving without a radio at night (because the chinese LED disturbed the radio) has annoyed me too much.
So I changed back to the original bulbs and fixed a extra LED Light with 2 x 80Watt
https://www.ltprtz.com/80W-EB02-Lightbar-Modell-EB02-80E-ECE. They are ECE and SAE approved.
bild-70fc3c-1544815565.jpg.html

bild-f7cc2d-1544816310.jpg.html

The other lights on the pictures are blue strobe LED.
I had to cut out the lower strip of the radiator grill.
Now I have a perfect bright high beam!

Back