RAV4 EV for Sale

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Bornstein

Back in October 2012 I bought one of the first RAV4's off the line. My VIN is 1086. I currently have 36200 miles on it (I only drive to work every day and that is about 15-20 mi RT). It is still under the original Platinum warranty (Until Oct. 2018) with a 75000 mile limit.
The only major repairs I've had was a Speed Sensor replacement about a year ago, and a drive unit replacement this week. It has had regular 5000 mile servicing initially at Hamer Toyota and more recently at Carson Toyota.
I have Tony's JdeMO installed and use it on my infrequent trips to Los Angeles.
I have a LoJack installed
The car is located in Bakersfield.

Why am I parting with my dear friend?
1. I am moving to Tennessee in a few months and I am uncertain of the availability of service there
2. I have a deposit on the Tesla 3, but the $7500 rebate is not included in the GOP tax bill. That means I will have to buy a new car this year. Tesla told me that I can expect delivery DEC-FEB. I cannot gamble on getting it in December, so I am looking at getting a Chevy BOLT instead.

The car is in excellent condition with only one minor scrape in the finish.

Kelley BB lists the car as $11800-13200 on a dealer trade or $12900-$14600 for a private party sale.That doesn't include either the LoJack which cost me about $900 and the JdeMO which costs about $2500.

I can deliver the car to either Visalia to the north or Torrance to the south.

If you are interested, send me a PM.

Mike Bornstein

Hi Mike. I might be interested in your EV. Can you text any pics to 702 596-5674? I'm interested in the color, and interior and the scratch. The traction motor just quit in my 2013 and will cost $17k to replace. It's at Glendale Toyota. Any advice on this debacle would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Dean

I also have no extended warranty. If that happens to me I plan lease a Bolt and part out the RAV-EV. Or sell it for scrap.
No way am throwing more good money after bad.

deanjennings46 said:
Hi Mike. I might be interested in your EV. Can you text any pics to 702 596-5674? I'm interested in the color, and interior and the scratch. The traction motor just quit in my 2013 and will cost $17k to replace. It's at Glendale Toyota. Any advice on this debacle would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Dean

If you want to sell your car “as-is”, I’m open to that, too.

Tony Williams
Quick Charge Power LLC
1780-104 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, California 92078 USA
TonyWilliams (((at))) QuickChargePower.com
Twitter: QCPower
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office, M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time

Hi Tony I will consider all options at this point. But before I do that I'd like to know if I could have any cheaper options on the motor.

Back