Have you seen a 2013 Rav4EV commericals or ads?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy

I'm wondering if this is going to be a repeat of the 2002 Rav4EV.

Just wondering if Toyota are depending on only word of mouth for sales. When I first took the car to work a number of people did not even know Toyota had a Rav4EV. Or if they did know that it was even for sale.

=B~~ Brandy

Nope, me neither. Just about the only "media coverage" was obtained at the LA Auto Show back in November. Toyota's marketing strategy, or lack thereof, for this car seems DOOMED! :(

Ok. I've FINALLY seen an online ad for the Rav4 EV. It's at http://www.engadget.com/expand/agenda/ right now. Not surprising since it's partly sponsored by Toyota and there's this talk on Sunday, March 17:
09:00 - 09:30 AM: In Conversation with Sheldon Brown, Executive Program Manager – Product Development Office, Toyota Technical Center, USA, Inc.

Toyota has long been a leader when it comes to hybrid technology and, with the RAV4 EV, it's taken the next step by introducing a fully electric car -- and an SUV at that. In this session we speak with Executive Program Manager Sheldon Brown about how that car came to be, what challenges the company faced in developing it and what the future of driving looks like.

Speakers: Sheldon Brown, Executive Program Manager – Product Development Office, Toyota Technical Center, USA, Inc.; Tim Stevens, Editor-in-Chief, Engadget (moderator)

Back