what warranty to buy now that all RAV4 ev's are past 3 years

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcclellan45

New member looking to buy a Rav4 ev, was looking to get the Toyota extended warranty for 7yr/125K but now all of the ev's are past the 3 yr mark from when first sold. What to do? I am a little gun shy on having to pay for a drive unit replacement. I already walked away from one for sale because of excessive motor whine.
I learned the hard way with my Nissan Leaf and the battery degregation warranty.

kmcclellan45 said:
New member looking to buy a Rav4 ev, was looking to get the Toyota extended warranty for 7yr/125K but now all of the ev's are past the 3 yr mark from when first sold. What to do? I am a little gun shy on having to pay for a drive unit replacement. I already walked away from one for sale because of excessive motor whine.
I learned the hard way with my Nissan Leaf and the battery degregation warranty.

If the "Tier 3" vehicle is over 36,000 miles / 3 years from new, and under 9 years / 150,000 miles, buy the Toyota Platinum USED CAR warranty.

Available up to 5 years / 60,000 miles from warranty purchase.

Try Steve at Toyota of Poway, California.

ArchSF said:
Did you get reply/quote from Steve?

Sorry to report that I've just called for the same reason, and Steve is no longer at Poway, I'm told.

I've left a message with the new rep, and we'll see what she has to say - I'll report back.

Back